All reviewsbars and restaurantsski liftspahammamskiingjacuzzilockersvalley
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

This the FIRST NEGATIVE review that I wrote. I just wanted to forget and move on from the terrible experience, BUT I felt the need to warn people about this place.

Prior to arriving in the hotel, I called in advance to ask if we could check in a little early but I was told check-in is at 4pm (which was rather late, because normally it would be at 2pm). But anyway, I did not want to wait because I was traveling with my husband who just had a wrist surgery the night before, and a 2 year old toddler, so we arrived at exactly 4pm.

We went to the check in straight away, expecting we would be checked in right away given their very LATE check in policy time. But no, we had to wait about 40 minutes because our room was still being cleaned. We waited patiently, did not complain about this whatsoever. Because we are usually very understanding and considerate guests. So FINALLY we got the room 412, on Dec 28, 2017 at about 4:40pm.

The next day, at exactly 11:15am, we heard a banging-like knock on our door, a hurried loud knock like there was fire or something. When I opened it was the head of their housekeeping or the one incharged of the rooms (she wasn’t in uniform, shes not the one literally cleaning the rooms because I met her the day before, I believe her name was Leticia). When I opened she said “what time are you leaving? You have to leave now.” Very impolitely. I said we will leave at check out at 12nn. She said “No, its at 11am”

At almost the same time, my phone in the room was ringing, when I answered it was the front desk and she went “Hello, Hi, you have to leave the room now, we have to clean it already”

At this point I was just overwhelmed and confused! They are so terrible. I told the reception that check out is at 12, I was told on the phone yesterday, and it is WRITTEN on the card holder (for the room key), photo uploaded with this review) She still insisted its at 11am. She doesnt know who told me that its 12, if we leave at 12, we would have to pay 25 euros for late check out. Anyway, I showed them whats written on their card upon check out and asked in which dictionary is it written that NOON means 11am, because the rest of the world knows noon to be 12.

I asked for the frontdesk manager, to tell her whats happening, and even THE MANAGER just gave me an excuse that she was just on training, and she doesn’t know. First of all, if you’re a manager you should offer solutions, try to make the guest feel better, and give a better explanation and apology rather than “i don’t know, i am just (a manager) on training”.

This was a peak season for the property, and I don’t understand why the management would promote OR hire managers and staff who are not competent enough to handle guests in a proper manner (atleast) in this peak, but supposedly good holiday season.

We are (well now, used to be) avid ACCOR hotels guests and my husband is a loyal ACCOR club member but now this place ruined everything in the ACCOR brand for us. We can’t believe how the ACCOR management has significantly dropped their service standards.

Other negatives:

1. Restaurant service is VERY SLOW & food is of very low quality.

-I arrived at 7:30pm (with a reservation) with my 2 year old and my husband. We were escorted to a table immediately, BUT we waited 45 minutes just for our order to be taken. At this point my son was already very hungry, I had to ask for bread as they were not consistent on giving bread to every table. I saw some tables have a bread basket, but ours didn’t. And then they finally they take our order, after finally giving us some bread. AND THEN we waited another hour for our food to be served. No consideration, no sense of urgency, whatsoever. My 2 year old had the latest dinner of his life.

2. Elevator is again, VERY SLOW
- take rooms in the 1st floor so you dont have to take the elevator, we were on the 4th floor and had to take it all the time, which took about 8-10 minutes to go down one way.

3. Everyone who knocks, just bangs on your door. We asked for the restaurant/room svc menu, and they knocked like there was an emergency too. Room service is supposed to make you feel relaxed cos you just want to stay in to eat, but the VERY LOUD AND HURRIED KNOCKING RUINS it.

4. No one to help you bring ANYTHING up to your room, even if they saw my husband in a CAST, and a 2 yr old boy with me. I had to lug everything by myself, and my husband with his one, non-injured hand.

I strongly DO NOT recommend this hotel

STAY AWAY at all costs

Definitely NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY or KID FRIENDLY

There are a lot of other better value hotels in the area.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Carla C
SYLMOURGES, General Manager at Mercure Brides les Bains Grand Hotel des Thermes, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

I thank you for your very detailed comments which we learned a lot about your bad experience in our establishment.
I fully understand your dissatisfaction and the communication you make on the net.
I confirm that the check-out is at noon. I teach all staff to generously welcome all our guests. I do not understand what happened, I shared your comment with everyone, especially with Laetitia and Chrystelle who created this discontent.
I can only offer you our sincere apologies and confirm to you, even if it seems incredible to you, that it is absolutely not our custom to provide such a service.
Of course, our most important wishes for our guests are to make them happy during their stay, so that they want to come back.
If you can send me your email at the reception, I will be happy to speak privately with you.
In this expectation I wish you a very happy new year 2018 and I hope that the hand of your husband is healthy now
cordially

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I hadn't intended on staying here, however, was let down by a hotel up the road last minute over a late check in and the Mercure had vacancies and was happy to accept us about 1am in the morning.

The rooms are a good size and the hotel is very clean and tidy. For the price it is pretty much what you would expect. A decent hotel and whilst nothing flashy it provides a reasonable value for money. The 24 hr reception was an absolute lifesaver for me and the staff were very helpful and friendly.

It is a 5 - 10 mins walk uphill to the ski lift and just off the high street with shops (a small spa is useful for supplies), restaurants and a couple of bars. There is a ski hire shop almost outside the hotel, which gives a discount to residents.

Brides les Bains is a cheap place to stay for those wanting to ski the 3 valleys. The town has a few bars and restaurants, but don't expect the party town of the main Merribel resort. This is a quiet and sleepy town with not much going on past 12pm.

I would advise that you use the lockers at the ski lift to store equipment at a small price. This saves time and effort in lugging your gear and boots up the hill to the lift. It's well worth the fee!

The hotel bar is clean, tidy, well stocked and reasonably priced. I didn't try the restaurant or food but looked pretty good.

All in a good hotel, well positioned and saved my life with a short notice booking at 1am. I'd happily recommend and stay again.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Clive J
SYLMOURGES, General Manager at Mercure Brides les Bains Grand Hotel des Thermes, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your detailed, informative and encouraging comments
cordial greetings
Sylvie M

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Good location and nice staff. The spa was nice. 2hours is sufficient to do a bit of everything. (Pool, sauna, hamam, jacuzzi ), The room is clean and spacious enough. The mattress is really good (firm) !

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
SYLMOURGES, General Manager at Mercure Brides les Bains Grand Hotel des Thermes, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

We are happy that your stay has lived up to your expectations. Our new Mercure special bedding is very successful.
We reach you to discover Les 3 valléess with the gondola at only 3 minutes from the hotel.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

I chose to book this hotel after a week of skiing with my family. The pictures on the Accorhotels.com website looked very promising and when I saw the pool and hot tub I knew this would be the perfect place to stay.
We arrived before the official check-in time and the staff were very helpful in getting our room available as soon as possible.
We then wanted to spend some time relaxing and found the pool was not open until 2PM - okay not really a problem. But then as I walked I was told I had to pay 15 Euro's per person to make use of the spa facilities. I was only interested in the pool and it was mainly for the kids. It would have cost me 60 Euro's for the family, and this would only grant me access on the day off arrival. If I wanted to use the pool on the day of departure I would have had to pay another 60 Euro's.
I ended up disappointing my children but I was simply not prepared to pay this.
This is my main reason for rating this hotel as Poor, simply because I booked it because of the pool facilities and I feel misled by the website.
I have stayed in many hotels before but never had to fork out for the use of the pool, I feel ripped off.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Paul J

We are truly delighted that you have had a good time in our Mercure hotel. We thank you for all the compliments you have shared. Location, food, friendliness of staff.
The Spa with Swimming Pool Sauna Hammam and Jacuzzi is subject to charges.
For the pool only a price can be given to certain schedules so as not to generate the tranquility of those who wish to stay calm.
On the site of the hotel expenses related to the Spa are mentioned. We are very sorry to have disappointed you and we offer our most sincere apologies.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Carine is amazing and the night porter was incredibly helpful. Hotel is okay and did the job for our family on an overnight stay. Breakfast was okay and beds were comfortable. Rooms were clean. Town is a bit of a non event but the hotel can't do anything about that!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
SYLMOURGES, General Manager at Mercure Brides les Bains Grand Hotel des Thermes, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely comment
Carine and tehe night porter are very happy to give you amazing moment
april is not the best month for fun, but now we are many things to do, next week we welcome jazz in Brides