“Memorable Vacation!!”

Living Memory Tours
Ranked #4 of 8 Tours in Arras
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Living Memory Tours offers full day battlefield tours along the Western Front for small groups and individuals. Based out of the beautiful city of Arras, your Canadian guide will lead you through the French and Belgian countryside to connect with some of the most defining moments in the Great War. Choose from one of our set itineraries or contact us to build a custom private tour for your group or family.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

What an amazing experience! We had several tours of the battlefields, monuments and cemeteries with Faye. She has an incredible knowledge of history which she shares in a most interesting way - not like any history lesson that I have had before. To be able to see the battlefields, walk through the tunnels and trenches and hear about what the soldiers experienced was something I will never forget!! Thank you Faye for giving us an tour that was tailored to us and our family’s involvement in the Battle of Vimy Ridge. I would highly recommend these tours!

Faye D, Owner at Living Memory Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you for your very kind comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed the tour and that I was able to make it a memorable experience for you. Thank you for allowing me to share in your family's history, it certainly made it special for me.

Thank you again for choosing Living Memory Tours.

Best regards,

"train station"
"company"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We had several wonderful tours with Faye as our guide. She took us to Battle of the Somme site, Battle of Beaumont-Hamel site and Vimy Ridge. As a Canadian, Faye has a unique take on all these battles. We are also Canadians so it meant a lot to us to have a fellow countrywoman to lead us the on the tours. She had a tremendous knowledge of the history of all these sites and made the history come alive. She went out of her way to pick us up at Giverny, take us to Rouen to meet another guide and provide recommendations for great meals. She is a great guide and fun to be with. I would recommend Living Memory Tours to anyone visiting this area.

Faye D, Owner at Living Memory Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review. I truly enjoyed having you on tour and appreciated the opportunity to visit new destinations and to share in your family history on the western front. Thank you again for choosing Living Memory Tours.

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2018

The day started with fellow Canadian, Faye from Flin Flon, picking me up at the Arras train station. It was just Faye and I and we arrived at Vimy on a misty morning about an hour before the visitor center opened. So, at times we were the only two people at the memorial which was an incredible experience. From there it was a walk through of trenches and a visit to the welcome center.
From there we visited Cabaret Rouge British Cemetery and dark and spooky Neuville St. Vaast German cemetery. We then stopped in the beautiful town of Arras to have a delicious pizza lunch. After lunch it was back on the road to Beaumont Hamel and incredible walk through of the site.
The entire time Faye's insights and encyclopedic knowledge of the area and history just added to the experience. And also good conversation about travel and life in general. We finished off the day visiting the Theipval Memorial,
Adanac Cemetery, and Pozieres Windmill site and some other stops for pictures and quick visits. An incredible day spent.
If you are Canadian and ever find yourself in France, do yourself a favour and plan a day with Faye. See, first hand, the sacrifices made to make Canada the greatest country on earth.
Cheers.
Murph

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Faye D, Owner at Living Memory Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Thank you for your kind review Trevor. I am pleased you enjoyed the tour and I thank you again for a great day « at the office ».

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Faye was an excellent guide who went out of her way to make my trip very special and meaningful. She is very pleasant, fun to be with, and very knowledgeable in her field of expertise.
I also really appreciated the extra effort she went to and ensured my trip was so pleasurable. Some examples: she advised me on how to book the train to Arras, where to stay in Arras and what to do in Arras.
I would highly recommend Faye from Living Memory Tours to tourists who want to visit and learn more about the major battles on the Western Front in World War One.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for your kind comments Ryan. I am pleased that you enjoyed the tour and your time in Arras. Thank you again for choosing Living Memory Tours.