“Great location but questionable food”
Review of Le Tandem

Le Tandem
Cuisines: French, Russian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked lunch there only after reading some good reviews about this small restaurant. Parking is always an issue in the area and access is not the easiest but once you are there, the location is gorgeous with a great view of the beach. We had a table in the shade with a view of both the ocean and the kitchen due to the open doors. I probably should have focused on the beach and not the kitchen as I saw the chef/owner repeatedly licking her fingers and eating while cooking. She did wear gloves but licked the gloved fingers,,,,not a pretty sight. This is a small place operated by a couple (she cooks / he serves) and being a busy lunch day, the wait was extreme. We waited almost 30 minutes before our order was taken then the food took forever to trickle in. There is not much to say about the food except that is was OK. My flammekueche was burnt on the sides and too salty. The fish was OK. On the other hand, the rhubarb tart was an abomination. It was chunky, not fully cooked, and had no pastry shell. I When the owner saw that I did not eat it he became concerned and I did not have the heart to tell him how awful it really was. He offered to bring me another dessert but after 2 hours of watching the chef lick and eat from plates, I gracefully declined. Needless to say, I would not eat there again.

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

We had an extremely nice seafood dinner in this cozy restaurant.
The place is small and not fancy compared to other restaurants in the area, but the food was excellent and the service really nice. Both the waiter and the chef were really friendly and caring. Food was delicious especially the moussles "à la marinière" with the "special chef's souce".
We would totally go back and we definitely recommend the place!

1  Thank Elena T
Reviewed 7 March 2016

Discovered this small but intimate restaurant facing the sea, very friendly and warm welcome by the husband of the couple who own the restaurant, wife is the chef , cuisine excellent, price correct , slightly long for the service but understandable as everything is "fait maison" .

Reviewed 13 August 2015

Ordered beef stroganoff - meal was definitely missing the sauce, all the other components were present and accounted for - thus the meal had volume, but no flavour. Very nice, attentive waiter.

Reviewed 11 June 2015

An excellent family restaurant owned by 2 guys and a lady as a chef who wish to please their customers with godd products. We had some mussels and enjoyed a original Russian recipe based on soft mixed spices and veg. Good service and value for the price. Go for it !