“Unthinkably bad music”

Wantilan Cafe
Ranked #142 of 248 Restaurants in Argeles-sur-Mer
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It’s hard to describe just how terrible the music was. The dj remixed perfectly average tracks and made them unbearable and offensive. The servers were great, although the drinks are quite expensive.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We were thirsty and tired and his place had exactly what we needed - cold beer. But I ended up having something called a BullDog with a corona chaser. OMG it was amazing. And cold.
While we sat four amazingly dressed dancers and their team of drummers entertained the streets.
Now if you stop at s place like this you have to expect that you’ll have smokers who seem to abound in Europe. Not many people smoke in Australia. Plus a blaring tv with incessant noise which attracts some people but detracts is.
So we stayed, paid an huge amount for our drinks and left. It was certainly an experience.
Staff were nice and location is one back from the main promenade.
Wheelchair friendly. Kid friendly.

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

We stopped at the Wantilan Cafe for a cool down drink whilst walking around Argeles.
We chose cokes for the children, a beer for my husband and a cocktail for me.
The order was taken quickly by the staff and brought over just as quick.
My cocktail was in a very large glass and tasted very much of juice rather than much else. My husband and children enjoyed their drinks. We felt the drinks were a little pricey esp the children's cokes. There was music playing and it was nice and relaxing.
One of my sons needed the toilet and this wasn't very clean, having water all over the floor and there was no toilet paper.
All on all it was nice to sit in the shade and have a drink so we would return.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

We stopped in here to have some drinks and grab an ice cream with our daughter.
It wasn't too busy (around 7pm) and there was live music playing. We easily found a table, and waited....and waited...and waited. I know the server saw us, as he looked over, but clearly chatting to his co-worker at the bar was more interesting! We were just about to get up and leave when one of them came over to us and took our order - by which I mean he took my husband's and daughters, completely ignored me and walked off. We had to call him back to take mine! When the drinks and ice cream eventually arrived they weren't good. The drinks seemed to be watered down, and the ice cream was average. For what is was it is overpriced, and there are plenty of other places along the beach front that have a good ambience and good cocktails.

Reviewed 5 August 2015

Amazing music and drinks... Would definitely recommend to friends and family! Enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere they offer....