“Great!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

This was some of the best food I have ever eaten in my life. I got the 5 course menu and each course was fantastic. The dessert especially wonderful.

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

We happened upon this restaurant on a Sunday night. Everything else was closed so we went in. It was the best decision I've ever made. The Prix fixe menu was well priced ranging from €31-46. The house wine was excellent. Each dish was prepared with care using fresh, high quality ingredients. It was so amazingly good. The server was patient with my poor French and let me keep trying, even though her English was better than my French. You should eat here!

Reviewed 13 October 2016

We enjoyed a great meal at this restaurant. The decor is beautiful, food and service are excellent. The presentation of the food is beautiful as is the taste. Every bite was delicious. We had no room for dessert but appreciated the mini desserts that came with the cheque. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

After visiting the market in Chalon-sur-Saone (fantastic market by the way) on a Sunday morning, be sure to get a reservation at Le Clown. It was recommended highly by our host at Chateau Mercurey and he called in the reservation for us.
It was our first meal of our 2 week trip and it did not disappoint. The wife & husband hosts sat us quickly and worked around our gluten & lactose allergies very well. The food was exquisite, gourmand quality with complimentary appetizer and a small dessert. When we arrived at 12:30PM were the second table so service was fast but the rest of the restaurant filled up quickly after that and slowed down a bit. Give yourself a couple hours and enjoy. Pricing was very reasonable for the quality and wine markups were very reasonable. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 12 August 2016

We chose this restaurant because of it's very good recommendations on Trip Advisor and found it to be even better than we expected. We believe it should be rated higher - even No 1 ! :-) Our food was superb and our waiter gave us a wonderful experience of excellent service. I won't spoil all the surprises by telling you more - just go there!