La Villa des Consuls(Sarlat-la-Caneda)
US$144
US$123
Best Western Le Renoir(Sarlat-la-Caneda)
US$160
US$139
  • Pool
Clos La Boetie(Sarlat-la-Caneda)
US$223
Au Soleil Levant(Sarlat-la-Caneda)
US$65
US$63
Hotel Altica Sarlat(Sarlat-la-Caneda)(Great Value!)
US$68
Hotel Le Mas del Pechs(Sarlat-la-Caneda)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$64
Hotel Bon Encontre(Sarlat-la-Caneda)
US$140
Priceline
Camping Les Charmes(Saint-Andre-d'Allas)(Great Value!)
US$19
Pitchup.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewstapestry roomterri bowenother guestsglass of winerue montaigneold townfresh fruitmedieval sarlatprivate courtyardhonor barfree parkinghighlight of our tripspiral staircaselocal knowledgeevery morningfabulous staythe perfect host
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Jayne and Ian were great hosts as we stayed two nights in this wonderful B&B right in the center of old-town Sarlat. Upon our arrival, Jayne and Ian greeted us and spent time chatting about the B&B and its history. They are from England so English was appreciated although we were prepared to speak French. A delightful couple! The B&B is a one minute walk to the incredible market day activities on Saturdays - a fantastic collection of fresh and local foods from the Dordogne region. We stayed in the very comfortable "Tapestry Room." Breakfast was wonderful; Ian's speciality is scrambled eggs. An outstanding stay and best wishes to Jayne and Ian on their new adventure of hosting a B&B. Well done!

Room Tip: Try the Tapestry Room!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SalzburgJack
Reviewed 18 June 2018

This was our second time staying at La Lanterne. Once again the accommodations were great. We were in the Tapestry Room, which was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and so well presented. Our hosts, Ian and Jane, were very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely visit here again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Horrells
Reviewed 13 June 2018

I count myself very lucky having stayed at La Lanterne for three nights on my recent visit to Sarlat - a perfect little B&B right in the middle of the gorgeous old town! I stayed in the wonderful Lanterne room which was airy, bright and spacious, with amazing views.

My hosts Ian & Jayne (& Mavis!) were very gracious and accommodating throughout my stay, and made the effort to really make me feel at home in their home - something I really appreciated as a single traveler.

Breakfast was a real treat (who doesn't love some fresh French pastries in the morning, plus more!), and overall despite the weather being a little rainy and miserable, I most definitely look back at my time in Sarlat as one of my favourite stays in the Dordogne. Again, thank you so much Ian & Jayne, it really was a pleasure staying with you x

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank rchester828
Reviewed 11 June 2018

My wife and I spent two terrific evening at La Lanterne in early June. The owners, Jayne and Ian, were absolutely delightful and could not have been more welcoming and helpful hosts. We stayed in the Courtyard Room which is a lovely room with a bedroom upstairs and a sitting room and bathroom downstairs. We took the breakfast the second morning and wished we had taken it both mornings, as it was plentiful, fresh and inexpensive. This was the perfect place to stay, honestly. It's close to everything in the old town but yet quiet. It's also a short walk to free parking. The shared courtyard is lovely and the perfect place for a picnic or a drink. The place is also a terrific bargain! Extremely highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Ian and Jayne were wonderful hosts who gave excellent recommendations for where to eat, what to do in and around Sarlat, and made us feel right at home during our stay. Our family of four stayed in the Tapestry and Wisteria rooms, which were both cozy and very clean. The home's location is slightly off the main roads in town, so noise and traffic were never an issue. We definitely recommend staying at La Lanterne if you're looking for an authentic stay in the middle of Sarlat!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family