“good, honest fare”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Octroi- the tax collected in the 19th century at the entrance to the town
This is a bistrot, so not fine dining but actually pretty good.
The steak was excellent; well cooked and succulent. We ate outside owing to the lovely weather. This restaurant was just down from our hotel and so very convenient foer a Sunday evening.
Good, honest fare Recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 035)

3 - 7 of 1 035 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Three things I liked were the light airy conservatory, the attractive presentation of the pork with mushroom sauce and the tenderness of the meat. Two things I was less happy with were the noise level from a large transatlantic party and the comfort of the plastic chairs. I think I’d recommend this place for a quick lunch rather than a leisurely dinner.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I would revisit this bistro as everything was just right, the papillot de
Poisson , and creme brûlée, my favourite Chardonnay and the caring way we were looked after....many Thankyous to Christophe

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

My personal review of this bistro is not good, but my husband was very pleased with his meal so our review is mixed. They did not have our reservation when we arrived (the concierge at our hotel told us he had made a reservation) but they were able to seat us. I never felt that the wait person warmed up to us after that. We ordered a duck pate entree, which was ok but we have had better elsewhere. I ordered a pasta main course because the photos on the website looked so good. It came with a truffle sauce — sounded good, but the pasta was very dry and did not have much flavor. I would have added cream or wine or something to make a more substantial sauce. We were happy to find a restaurant open on a Monday night, but I wouldn’t go back to this restaurant again.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Recommended by our apartment hosts and we were not disappointed. Regional cuisine and good service, highly recommended. Bon appetite!