“A birthday treat”

Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This was booked for me as a birthday present otherwise we would have checked the menu and moved on.
We immediately christianed the waiter as Ghenis Kahn, archetipal French. Arrogant, unhelpful, pushy.
The restricted menu was halved as this wasn't available, nor was this but what we had was well cooked, the beef being that it wasn't what we would have wanted.
We asked for white wine and got rose but, hey, in the scheme of things. Also this French restaurant serves whisky but not cognac.
To summarise, the whole dining experience was woefull. Woefull.
I did attempt to express my disastifaction with the, youthfull, owner but, omitting the agressive posturing and the view that if I want frozen food then I should go down the road then my sincere recommendation to you is to, in fact, go down the road.
Edit: he didn't say go down the road but I think it ended in "off"

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

A Cantina di l’Orriu offers potential as a wine bar. Their wine selection is varied and affordable with a genuinely diverse portfolio of local wine ranging between 22 and 40 for decent bottle of wine.

Food is another story, the food portions are rather underwhelming, especially not from Corsicans, fair and honest folks.

My cochon lait was so tiny that it had probably come from a kinderegg egg rather than a roast.
Three pieces of small meat and one inedible bone are hardly worth 28 EUR, the side was a mere splash of sweet potatoes.

My GF had the boudin noir, and despite asking three times whether it would have walnuts in it, something she is hazardously allergic to, she had received them in the dish; dry without juice yet..sprinkled by walnuts.

They have a deli next door, and we were planning to grab a fair amount of charcuterie there, but if if this is the quality we may except, it is better to pass especially as it is double the competition price.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

It's true that this is not a cheap restaurant, but the food is very good. If you can and you like, try the set of cheeses after dinner - there are 5 different types of cheese and you need to start from the most recente and finish by the oldest (and strongest one). The little shop beside the restaurant is very nice to buy some typical stuff from Corsica. Enjoy!

1  Thank Frederico A
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Typical Corsica food, it's amazing place, ratio price / quality is perfect. I recommend cheese & homemade ice-cream.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

It is not the cheapest place but the food is worth every euro. Friendly staff and great little shop next to the restaurant.