“Traditional Abruzzese fare”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 February 2016

Enjoyed lunch here, having a spectacular anti-pasto, some lovely fresh pasta made in the restaurant, and a secundo - actually ate rather too much, but it was not difficult! More comments about the food below.

I was taken as a guest, and didn't see the bill, so am not sure about value for money, but I sense that this is not an expensive restaurant.

More-or-less in the centre of Castel del Monte, its next to a rather unappealing café, but set back from the road; I don't think I would have noticed it, if just wondering through the village looking for somewhere to eat.

In a first floor house that has been converted to a restaurant, the atmosphere could be a little cosier, and the views - in a village which has a spectacular location - are very limited, (but then one hardly goes to eat, just to stare out the window).

I read several of the recent reviews, and saw that 2 reviewers have given very poor markings. Obviously, we all have different tastes / standards, but I was surprised - our experience there being very different.

Date of visit: January 2016

Reviewed 7 November 2014

I had the pleasure to stay in wonderful Castel del Monte during the summer of 2014 and went to La Loggia restaurant. Their food was excellent!! As a family owned business, everyone was very nice and charming. People were absouletly friendly, going above and beyond to ensure that we all had excellent service and a wonderful time... and the food was very authentic and delicious.
Definitely a place to visit while you are in town.

Date of visit: June 2014
1  Thank Katherine C
Reviewed 30 October 2014

This family run business is close to the piazza at the center of the village. It's also the site of one of my more memorable meals in Castel del Monte. Went for lunch with my family and found myself seated at table adjacent to a father having lunch with his daughter - a girl perhaps no older than 4. We each had several courses - me, a light pasta dish, to start, that was precisely what I hoped it would be - while they shared some skewers that came in this little jar, which the little girl timidly dipped into sauce. As I sat there, watching her father encourage her in her lunchtime endeavor, I was struck with the thought that this scene - facilitated by this wonderful family run restaurant - seemed to summarize this village in so many ways. It's an experience to seek out. As for the food, it was probably the best meal I had in the village. Clearly, the food and atmosphere drew the people that filled the room.

Date of visit: August 2014
1  Thank kevin r
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stopped at La Loggia for a quick bite and drink mid-day. I must say that the atmosphere, distinctly local, was very nice, and the young man who served us was great. However, the food is literally "out of the packet" fare. If you just want a very basic bite and drink, and there is nowhere else on offer, then go here -- not least as the waiters are very attentive and kind. But otherwise I would give it a miss.

Date of visit: August 2014
4  Thank b_robin5
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We have eaten at La Loggia restauraunt several times with our family in the past few weeks. The food is consistently very good and the menu offers a variety of typical local dishes. We even celebrated a birthday here and everyone declared the birthday cake the best we ever ate. The staff went out of their way to make the evening special for us. We are always greeted with smiles and a warm welcome when we dine there. The mixed bruschetta is unique and quite tasty. Great fresh pasta, ravioli and gnocchi along with good prices make for an enjoyable dining experience. Definitely give it a try and bring your appetites!

Date of visit: August 2013