“Very nice”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

We tried here on the recommendation of our rep and really enjoyed the spaghetti and pizzas, so much we went again another night, great flat huge Stone baked pizzas and friendly service. Lots of small beetles on our second night but it is outside I guess but they were annoying, however I would recommend

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

I work as a chef and make pizza some times at work and home this place is a little gem all home made and a wood fired oven for that amazing taste partner had a caprese . The pic the ingredients fresh from garden . Eat here

Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

My partner suggested we try this restaurant after wandering around trying to find a cheap eat for lunch. By this time I was so exhausted and hungry I agreed. We got there and was dubious due to it's understated decor and the fact it was empty, I always say never a good sign. How wrong was I? The menu was basic but lots of choice and and very reasonable priced especially co side ting how central it is but it is tucked away and not on the Main Street.
The food was delicious my partner had a fishy pasta dish and the fish was fresh and his sauce was delicious and the pasta was cooked to perfection. I order the squid with potato which tasted a little bland at first but once I added some salt it was delicious. Mine was fresh and well cooked just a little under seasoned for my taste but well worth a visit if you are looking for a cheap luncheon. Once we sat down a large party of Italians arrived and this is when I knew we made a good choice. Be warned the staffs English is limited but we managed to get by between us all.
Give it a try we had a great time here.

Reviewed 15 May 2016

Do you ever have that urge to just have a nice pizza, without going to a poncey restaurant? Try this tiny place tucked away in a dead end by the waterfront at Desenzano. It's run by the son of local 1950's motorcycle legend Nino Castellane, who is a charming host. The pizzas are the size of dustbin lids and absolutely delicious. Cheap too. The decor is a bit random with Marilyn Monroe posters jostling for space with far eastern pseudo period adverts and fading newspaper clippings. The large-screen TV is always on and the tables and chairs are of the no frills variety but it's a strangely comfortable place to eat.

Reviewed 19 October 2014

Nothing to dislike. Away from pricy bars near the ferry terminal.
Best pasta and spaghetti we had in Desenzano.
Service quick and friendly.