“Tasty fresh Italian experience”

Hosteria Croce d'Oro
Price range: US$34 - US$79
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2018

We found this place after reading reviews and wanting to find somewhere more authentic. It lived up to the good reviews. The waitress/owner was very attentive despite admitting her English was not great. She told us the pasta was homemade and both our dishes were very tasty and fresh. Unfortunately we were the first there and only joined by one other table so the atmosphere wasn't as good as if it was fuller, however we did go at 7.15pm. We would recommend anyone staying in or near Desenzano to visit as it is definitely worth the 10 min walk from the lakefront.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Desenzano is full of touristy trap style eateries but this small, friendly and characterful trattoria bucks the trend. We had some superb fresh hand made pasta (I had tagliatelle with hare, my wife with porcini) - excellent quality and presentation - great selection of wines even though the house wine (a local gropello) itself was perfect. Really friendly and attentive service from Margherita the owner. Will return for sure next time in the area!

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Visited here on the 27th September... Very friendly lady greeted us, she explained she had little English but this no problem, menu has Italian and English, I had smoked goose breast bruschetta, my wife had seafood ravioli for starters,both dishes were delicious , I had swordfish for mains my wife had roast sea fish and potatoes again both dishes were superb, by far the best meal of our trip, highly recommend.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

This was by far the best restaurant we tried in Desenzano and in fact during our whole stay in Italy. An absolute gem!
The pasta was incredible. Home made, cooked to perfection, simply done but with one or two rich, tasty ingredients. We tried the hare tagliatelle and a beef ravioli which were both made with butter and cheese. Delicious.
The wine was also fantastic - and there was a great selection.
Finally the service was wonderful. The lady who served us was very attentive and took time to explain the menu and identify what was home made.
Well worth the short walk off the beaten track.
Just fantastic - thank you so much for a such a memorable experience.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant after reading all the reviews and it did not disappoint. The restaurant is small and clearly family run. I ate the casoncelli alla bresciana which was quite possibly the best pasta I’ve ever had. The waitress recommended a wine to match. The waitress does not speak English very well but she has an iPad to hand to help with translations. It is a 7 minute walk off the beaten track but I would highly recommend.