“Three hours for two courses!”

Osteria degli Archi
Ranked #7 of 238 Restaurants in Vieste
Price range: US$29 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is located in a suggestive foreshortening of the historical center of Vieste overhanging on the sea.The environment inside is country - elegant between arches of tuff and wooden beams .
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant came highly rated - but I think you must be Italian to warrant any service. We waited 25 minutes for menus, then an hour for our starter, then a further hour for our main course. Couples next to us (all Italian) had seven courses at one table and arrived, ordered and ate three courses and left at another. Shame as food was good. So brush up on your Italian if you want to go. Hopefully it will result in you receiving some service (P.S. we didn’t order desert as it was tipping over the three hour mark and we were tired and out of ways to maintain a conversation. Life’s too short!)

1  Thank Karen U
Write a ReviewReviews (1 055)

10 - 14 of 1 055 reviews

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

We arrived here for a late lunch. The setting is old style, but the food and the presentation very upscale and delicious. Best food of our trip.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We booked this restaurant a night ahead, and on arrival we were pleased as the restaurant was full; though later on tables freed up for fresh unbooked arrivals. The waiting staff were warm and friendly. There was a good wine selection.
My experience of their seafood doesn't quite live up to the experiences of some other reviews I've read. Don't get me wrong, really loved some of the food but it wasn't the freshest and tastiest I've experienced on my road trip. Was also very disappointed with the Parmigiana di melanzone; certainly not fresh.
A well located lovely restaurant. It seems to me that the high ranking on TripAdvisor illustrates that there is very little in it when it comes to the Top 10 or 20 on TripAdvisor. Worth a visit though.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Advised by Rosa of our fine BB Dimora Del Dragone we went for lunch to this Osteria.
We had fresh Tuna Tartare , a pasta which name I forgot, swordfish and a bottle of their cheapest dry white wine which went great with the fish according to the advice of the friendly waiter.
And he was absolutely right!
We decided to come back for dinner and had the finest grilled fresh red tuna fish ever.
The dessert was a bit disapointing : far too sweet for us.
We finished dinner with a great coretto : a strong espresso with a bit of brown grappa.
Total costs 2x Euro 55 for lunch and dinner - we shared all dishes.
I can surely recommend this restaurant when in Vieste.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Delicious food and very kind staff. Nice atmosphere. All in all we spent about 70€ with 2 ppl, starters+main+dessert (no wine).