Reviews (1 620)
1 620 results
All reviews pool area shuttle bus all inclusive package pasta minute walk busy road the main road free safe free towels half board narrow pavements evening meal lovely hotel plenty of sunbeds cakes sole pool towels
212 - 217 of 1 620 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

After reading so many negative reviews re. Grand Hotel Parco Del Sole we considered cancelling. So with open minds we decided to go ahead with our week long break. The entrance and gardens to the hotel are so beautiful. Our check-in at reception was courteous and efficient when we asked for an upper floor room as requested we were told could we possibly wait as it wasn't quite ready but we could see it and decide if it was to our liking which we did meeting our chambermaid Monica who was superb. Feeling much relieved we were welcomed by Viola who gave us a wonderful welcome and any information she felt we needed, what a superb asset she is to the hotel.
The food we found very good - although not as hot as most English people expect but quite normal on the continent. The BBQ's three times a week were exceptional - very high quality meat, seafood and sweets.
We have never attended events in the UK that have been of this standard. The staff are warm and friendly. The restaurant manager Patrick was unflappable, always polite and super efficient in a very understated manner - most impressive. This I'm sure reflected on the waiters and waitresses who were great. The bar was managed beautifully by a very efficient gentleman and his staff.
We could not fault the cleanliness of the hotel, yes, the carpets in the corridors were somewhat grubby in patches and could have had a good hoovering, but who would have chosen that particular shade in a hotel every bit will show!
The hotel is in a great position and the shuttle bus runs frequently. The station is a short walk away and the local amenities on the doorstep.
With all the adverse comments about the hotel I feel that perhaps some visitors should book a five star hotel and pay for what they expect. (Price up similar in the UK for a break you would pay a whole lot more) The Parco Del Sole is a great place to stay and does not deserve the negative comments. We have travelled to other Italian provinces and believe you me this establishment beats many of them hands down,
We do realise you get whingers and moaners all the time but some of the reviews are to my mind totally unjustified.
We most definitely will be returning.

Stayed: June 2018
8  Thank Rosemary K
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Still here while writing this review its a lovely place, nice rooms, meals are a bit samey but outside barby nights are nice.Hotel entertainment low key but not bad.Placed well for places to visit all within easy reach.Gardens are mature and well kept.Sorrento stunning as is Possitano, Almalfi,only negative is the very busy Corsica italia Rd outside Hotel but you can avoid this when walking by turning right then first left into town around the back roads. Ps ignore the bad reviews,a good all inclusive in a very pricey Sorrento

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank BaldeagleDerby
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We stayed here as family from 11th - 18th June 2018. All inclusive is a bargain for the area (and far cheaper than Greece/Portugal where we normally go). Staff are super friendly from Viola (with the lovely Layla), Luigi, Franc to the housekeeping. Room had super view of Versuvias. Teenagers had a pool view. Very clean. Fresh pizzas every day at lunch in a clay oven, BBQ night and Italian night super. We walked into Sorrento on a couple of nights. Busy road so wouldn't recommend with small children but there is a coast walk which is longer. Went to Pompeii. Take a photo of your passports if children are under 18 and they get in free. I really don't know what all these reviews are moaning about. It isn't the UK. Their food is not the same. Stay in the UK if you want british food. Rarely queued for drinks. Soft drinks are readily available to help yourself too (people still queued for a coke). Lager is Nastro Azzuro (Peroni to us in the UK), sparkling italian spumante (very drinkable), cocktails super (they will make anything you ask for, not just what is on the list), schweppes tonic, proper coke/pepsi (not a local copy). Safe is free in your room as is the air conditioning (we normally pay a lot for this). No children's clubs (but I've never been a fan of these so I loved this and the lack of TV's. I hate football) We hope to go back in September we enjoyed it so much. Thanks to a super hotel and great friendly staff xx

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
10  Thank Walkers123186525
Reviewed 26 June 2018

1.Grounds and gardens are beautiful.
2 Rooms are basic but clean.
3 Fresh bottles of water every day in the fridge.
4.Pool area clean, but over crowded.
5.Pool towels were thread bare a lot of people brought their your own.
6. Some days there were no towels left.
7 Lagers O.K.
8 Spirits are local and not very good
9 Breakfast is the normal fry and cold meats, breakfast coffee is poor ,it's better in the pool bar.
10 It's a 20 min walk to town, but the do provide a shuttle service.
11 Bar shuts at 11:30 and the service is very slow, usually only one serving with others looking busy?
12 Waiter drink service with your evening meal which stopped the rush to the bar.
13 Evening food was varied and good, pizzas are cooked fresh and they are really nice.
14 Lunch is pizza and chips with a limited salad selection.
15 Only one outside TV for World Cup with a massive reflection on screen and not enough seats.
16 Massive indoor bar hardly manned and no TV would have made a great place to watch the matches?
17 Overall most of the staff are very good and its an O.K. hotel but flawed.
18 My biggest concern was the hotel had no iron, as it's the wedding capital of the world I find the very odd. I asked the RUI rep about it and she said " theirs a cheap shop were you can buy one just along the road.Not very professional?

Room Tip: Bring a travel iron
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank George S
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We have just returned from a week in the Parco del sole having read a lot of the reviews before we went and I have read a few of the new ones before writing this review we are even more confused now, it’s as if people writing these reviews have stayed somewhere totally unrecognisable to the lovely Parco del sole so I’m going to write an honest and truthful review.
1. The good points
The food was good not always the way we would serve things in the UK but nice to try especially the barbecue nights around the pool we tried some lovely dishes and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the grounds are beautiful. Our room was cleaned every day always fresh towels and toiletries, bottles of water in the fridge.

2. The downside
A few things safety wise need to be addressed. The stairs into the dining area are not very clear, white marble steps but no marking to define each step. I fell up them on the 2nd night in the restaurant purely because I thought there was 2 steps but there was 3 so I’d lost my footing and fell.
The pool area has no safety markings around the foot wash pools on each corner of the pool many people waded through them in shoes & flip flops and one lady fell cutting her lip needing stitches, the hotel did let themselves down with this as no one from the bar or reception came to the aid of this lady but left it to her friend and the people sunbathing around her to look after her at the time. So I think it’s definitely a 3 star Hotel would need to try harder for 4.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple