Royal Hotel Sanremo
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$115
US$211
US$198
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Residence dei Due Porti(Sanremo)
US$158
US$153
  • Beachfront
US$332
US$224
Hotel Liberty(Sanremo)
US$85
All reviewspool areasea waterleading hotels of the worldpoolside restaurantsea viewpool staffdiving boardmain restaurantsteam roomjunior suiteil giardinosalt waterold world charmpiano playerold schoolitalian rivierabeautiful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here several times in the last 4 months. The staff are wonderful and efficient. The rooms and beds are always comfortable and the food is superb. Bar staff are efficient and charming. It’s a great place to stay in Sanremo because of the location being so near the centre. Parking is easy . All in all I highly recommend this hotel . It has great facilities

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rosebayram
Reviewed 19 January 2018

My husband and I stayed seven nights at this lovely hotel. We found the hotel staff to be incredibly attentive and polite. They were very helpful in recommending day trips and local restaurants. Our room was well appointed and exceptionally clean. We had a beautiful view of the Mediterranean. The food and service at the hotel was superb! We enjoyed Sanremo and would return to stay at this hotel in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Seattleshel
Reviewed 28 December 2017

Stayed three night in June having driven from lake Garda on our seventeen night tour of France, Switzerland, and Italy. This is seriously grand hotel, the staff are superb, and food excellent. Everyone should visit or stop at this hotel at least once. Danced a waltz and rumba to the piano in the lounge, signature cocktails excellent. Balcony huge with loungers. Words fail me to adequately describe my stay. Hope to go back again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2017

Located at the walkable distance from the station and a perfect place to stay. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Rome. Nice rooms with historic touch and decent amenities, however, couldn't avail as most of the time we were out exploring the city.

Room Tip: Accessibility and service
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2017

I stayed at this hotel for two nights only, arriving on a Friday afternoon and leaving on Sunday. It's not often I stay at 5* hotels, however I have done a few times in the past and I must admit I arrived with certain expectations as to what that means. So firstly, all the good stuff - the service was excellent and the staff really lovely and helpful, I also thought that the whole of the ground floor area (reception, lounge, bar and restaurant) was beautiful, as was the outside terrace with views over the sea and the pool area. It all had a luxurious look and feel to it. The hotel itself also looked beautiful from the outside, especially from the sea side. Now the not so good stuff: I must admit I was disappointed by my room. Yes, it was grand, and had fine views over the city, but it was incredibly outdated and tired looking. I felt I had stepped back in time to maybe the late 60s / early 70s. The decor was actually pretty naff with its fabric panelled wardrobe doors, old-fashioned stripey wallpaper, painted headboards and fabric framed mirror. While the bed was comfortable, the mechanism that allows the curtains to close wasn't working properly anymore leaving a gap in the middle. And as you get given a key to the room rather than a key card that activates the electricity supply (as is pretty standard these days), you need to go round switching on and off all the lights. The key with its room number keyring weighs a ton, so thank goodness this can be handed in at reception rather than having to carry it around with you. "My" room really desperately needs to be refurbished to be dragged into the 21st century. No idea whether they are already doing something like this on a rolling programme, but if not, I think they should consider it. Other good things: I did not try the Spa, but friends did and said it's great. We all really liked the breakfast buffet, which included several coffee choices alongside the typical pot of coffee with milk. The pool was a big hit too.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends