“Lovely and healthy”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Delicious food and the service was very good. Kind people.
There is organic and local food as well as wine.
A lovely place!

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We've enjoyed a lovely dinner at the osteria.
Good service, good wine and good quality food. We can eat a lot and the portions were not tiny as mentioned in other comments. We've had pasta, ravioli and tagliatelle, both yummie and vitello tonato what was very nice. The semi Fredofor dessert was excellent.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I discovered this little gem on my last day in Salsomaggiore Terme and sharing a taable with an Italian friend I was introduced some local specialities which I wouldn’t have ordered without her advice. I savoured the gnocchi and ravioli half portions but was surprised by the cold vegetable soup..should have asked rather than assumed. Our lunch was leisurely and we enjoyed al fresco dining in the shade on a quiet sunny Monday

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We lead small culinary tours in Italy and after visiting Salsomaggiore this summer and dining at Osteria del Castellazzo, we decided to bring our group here on our tour in September. Laura was amazing to deal with in helping me set up a menu for the group, highlighting their specialities and typical dishes of the area. She even inquired as to any allergies or dietary needs & offered to adjust as needed. When we arrived, we had a private room for the group, and the staff was very informative and attentive. The Tortelli d'Erbette was, I think, possibly the group's favorite pasta of the trip, and if you go, definitely get the Sbrisolona for dessert! Thank you again to Laura and her staff for a wonderful evening!

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

A very welcoming Osteria - friendly helpful waiter who happily coped with our poor Italian!
We shared a pate dish and they happily accommodated and even halved and served on separate plates. I tried a local speciality rice with very finely sliced tongue wrapped over the rice - fantastic, my husband had the duck breast served with pear and leek and was not disappointed. Had a plate of Italian style ratatouille after the main which was really lovely - fresh and tasteful. The serves weren't large but altogether and with the wonderful bread and grissini, we were more than satisfied.
A small list of bottled wines, but enough choice across a price range.
This Osteria was tucked back away from the main eating areas but within the old part of the town and had really lovely feel to it - highly recommended.