“Italy in a nutshell”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 7 February 2017

I was recommended this restaurant by a friend of mine and i could not be happier. The food was sensational from the melt in your mouth Mozarella di Buffola, to the two exquisite pasta's that i had the pleasure of trying.Both were true flavors of Italy with a beautiful presentation. One with fresh aubergines cooked to perfection, and the other a gorgeous sausage sauce that had been marinated in red wine. The feeling of 'family' was also very prominent in this restaurant which was more than an added bonus. Having a southern Italian background, it was just the sort of place to feel at home at whilst dining well. Fantastic staff who were all well presented and delightful. I would absolutely recommend for either or a lunch or dinner. Delightful family run place.

Reviewed 29 October 2016

Searching on a Monday night for an open restaurant, found this gem. Very large and very busy. Great pizza in a lovely atmosphere and super service.

Really recommend

Reviewed 7 September 2016

My husband and I went to Fortino for lunch and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I had the tagliata and it was perfectly cooked, the meat tasted delightful and was very tender. Loved the atmosphere and the service was great. Would strongly recommend it

Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

My second visit 12 months after my first and was delighted to find it as excellent as before. Seafood antipasti platter starter followed by grilled calamari and then fish with potatoes in a tomato sauce. All complimented by an excellent bottle of Franciacorta. Each course was superb, the waiter friendly and attentive, he really cared about how we enjoyed our meal. He was from near Naples and really knew about fish. Afterwards the most wonderful home made limoncello I ever tasted made from the biggest lemons I have ever seen, I was even given one as a souvenir. I highly recommend this restaurant especially for lovers of seafood and cannot wait to visit again.

Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

Great place for super classic pizza and wonderful mozzarella starter. I strongly recommend this place. Here is where the local visit with the whole family.