“for and by meat lovers”

Trattoria del Macellaio Fornaciari
Ranked #5 of 691 Restaurants in Reggio Emilia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

called late during road trip and they accepted to seat us at 10:30pm. From there it only got better with excellent beef tartar and world class steak at honest rates.
All topped off with genuine hospitality from down to earth people. Grazie tante, looking forward to the next occasion!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 097)

3 - 7 of 1 097 reviews

Reviewed 9 July 2017

We arrived at midday on a Saturday. The restaurant is a bit away from the tourist spots in the town, but we decided to walk. It took about 20 minutes to walk from the station. But to be honest this place and the previous reviews on TA were the main reason we were in town. It's a modern, stylish place but at its heart it is an old butcher's shop.

We ordered the tasting menu for 35 euros a person. It was well-worth it. It seemed like we ate for about an hour and forty minutes non-stop, as plate after plate of different meats arrived.

Our waiter was fun and engaged with our poor Italian language skills. I felt full by the time the T-bone arrived, but when I took my first bite and it melted in mouth, I knew I would have to finish it. The tasting menu, along with many naughty meat dishes, also includes a glass of wine, a coffee, an aperitif and a delightful mixed plate of little cakes.

The pancetta-wrapped cheese covered in a reduced balsamic sauce was worth the trip alone. The man next to me ordered a cheeseburger which had 500grammes of beef!!!!

If you are in Emilia Romagna for any reason seek out this place and gorge on the amazing food served here. But maybe don't eat anything for 15 hours or so before, if you intend to order the tasting menu!!!

1  Thank stephenclarke2017
Reviewed 16 July 2016

this restaurant is the best in reggio emilia if you want to eat meat. I went with some friends and we really enjoyed the meal.They are also Honest!

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is excellent. Very popular and busy. I understand you can get great hamburgers at lunch but I was there for dinner. They have a prix fixed menu with only 6 or 7 choices and price ranges from 30 to 35 euros. Plenty of food for your money. I was finished after the antipasto !! Just kidding. Great place and highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 October 2015

ok for lunch time a good place for yang people whants to spend not a lot to eat
good meat good products for a new trattoria

1  Thank Giovanni C