“Always a big YES”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2017

We went to Pizzeria Piedigrotta 2 on Saturday evening: the restaurant is busy but, even with no booking, we had a table ready in minutes. I know perfectly their stretched pizza, made using a dough a little bigger than the ones used for a standard pizza, then stretched to a minimum of 50cm diameter (a little less than 2 feet!!!) and served in a metal dish (a pottery one to fit this large pizza will be too heavy). Having been there lots of time, I changed my mind and ordered a cold fish starters: it includes prawn cocktail, swordfish carpaccio, steamed salmon, smoked salmon, octopus, marinated anchovies and squid in 2 different ways. Normally it will be enough, but I was really hungry so I added a large portion of grilled veggies. My friends had a huge ham and sausage pizza, an octopus with steamed potatoes starter and Cavatelli Mediterranean style (fresh pasta with pistachios and fish sauce). Water, two glass of white southern Italy wine, and a coffee. Total: 74€. In Milan we'd have spent at least 100€ for the same quality, quantity and courtesy. Very good, as always is. The only non-positive thing is the service charge: 2,5€ X 3 = 7.5€ is too much - though decoration and fabrics are good, this is still a pizzeria.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 24 November 2016

Easy parking and plenty of room. Staff were very friendly and the food was excellent. Would go back again.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 2 July 2016

Clean, good quick service and plenty to choose from. Stretched pizza on big aluminum plate is jaw dropping when you see it the first time. Portions are also abundant, so you won't go away hungry! Tables also set up nicely outside for open dining. Desserts are also worth leaving room for!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 8 June 2016

Part of my 3 week exposure and Language class was to eat in a different restaurant everyday. This was high on my list. For a starter I ordered Anchovy, grilled. Now wait, before you say yuck, in Italy and France, anchovy is a real delicacy. You will find at least 50 different selections at finer food stores, not just one or 2 flat canned varieties as in the U.S. My starter was White Anchovy, grilled with lemon zest, and it was amazing. Try something new...you are in Italy! Be brave. I loved it, so for my second course, I had a pizza, thinking t was the "other place" at the Piazza 22nd of April. It wasn't. And it wasn' t bad but I did not do handsprings over it. 2 courses a bottle of water, and a beer was €25

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 10 May 2016

I know that Italian food is really good, but here everything was perfect.
The food was so delicious that I still keep dreaming about it, especially Tortellini verdi e di zucca, Different salumis, Parmesan cheese with aceto balsamico and Mozzarella di buffalo. I could go on and on. The service was great as well, in a southern style. I hope to get back here soon for a lovely dinner.

Date of visit: March 2016