“great views, nice place, and a few suggestions...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Casa dei Limoni

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Chandi W
San Francisco, California
“great views, nice place, and a few suggestions for improvement”
Reviewed 14 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

What was good:
The apartment was extremely clean
Lots of bath towels provided of good quality, and two beach towels.
Beds and bed linens are good quality.
There's a cloth washing machine and a drying rack
The views are wonderful
The host definitely tries to be accommodating and helpful

What could be improved:

- Cutting knives in kitchen are problematic. There was a bread knife, and it worked OK. But there was only one knife for cutting/chopping all other things, and it was very dull and too long and thin to be efficient for chopping and slicing.

- Adding little labels below the vast amount of switches would eliminate problems with gas/stove. I have lived in Italy and STILL I get very confused about the wide array of switches. I had to try many of them before I found which one turned on the kitchen light. Apparently in my search, I turned OFF the one that controls the gas. Which meant I was not able to get the stove to turn on in the morning when I needed caffeine. Since the owner was out of town, it meant I had to phone him (using up precious credit) and also being concerned about disturbing him early in the morning. I recommend he add labels to the switches or at least inform the guests when he's taking them through the apartment. A simple sentence of "If the stove won't turn on, you've probably turned off this switch." Would have saved me some hassle/frustration.

- My next suggestion is very similar to the above one. As well having that problem with the stove one morning, I also had a problem with the electricity one morning. The lights had gone out across the whole town the night before. I guess this flipped the circuit breaker. I don't know much about these things. All I knew was that in the morning there was no electricity which meant AGAIN that the stove did not work and again I could not make coffee. But this time due to a different reason. The owner was still out of town and I had no credit on my phone and so I had to leave the apartment, go into town, find credit (and it turned out to be too early for that) so I had to find someone to make a call for me, which also was awkward at that early hour. (all that to be able to make coffee!) This could have been avoided if when he'd walked me through the apartment he had said, "If the electricity goes out, here's the circuit breaker and here's the switch that you have to flip." Or he could have this kind of thing on a informational list that he leaves for guests.

- MOST places I have stayed DO provide such "informational lists" and the initial time put into making one on the part of the owner will in fact SAVE the owner later. For example, he would have been saved from my two early morning calls. He would have been saved from trying to explain the circuit breaker to me over the phone. An informational list that would tell a guest how to SOLVE any eventual issues like what I ran into it, would be FAR better than a guest having to run around town early in the morning trying to trouble shoot things. When on vacation the guest wants quite calm mornings, and the ability to make coffee without hassle and to enjoy the sunrise. The guest does not want to start a vacation day with running around trouble shooting gas and electric things that could easily be solved by explanations either in person from the owner at the time of check-in, or by explanations left on an informational list.

Those are my suggestions that I feel would improve the experience of this rental. And that being said, I do want to state again that it was clear to me that the owner had all intentions of being helpful and that the place was exceptionally clean and was very nice overall.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Veronika...
“Holidays in praiano”
Reviewed 8 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

It's a really good place to have a holidays. The location is good! In the centre of praiano, actually there is a really good beach next to that apartment - on the fire! Where is music always and good cuisine with grate cocktails. I was there with my family for a month and we really enjoyed that wonderful place. The apartment is good and clean, which has amazing sea view. Also the hospitality of Luigi and his family is very nice! Thanks

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
8 Sep 2014
Thank you for beautifull words, we really appreciated it!
We are happy that the house meet your desire and we hope to have you once
More in Praiano!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing