“Don’t waste your money at this restaurant.”
Review of Terrazza Cele

Terrazza Cele
Reserve with
Terrazza Cele is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 92 Restaurants in Positano
Price range: US$30 - US$55
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Terrazza celè is situated in the most beautiful part of Positano; its terrace offer an unforgettable view over the bay for an exclusive and romantic dinner
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is a very expensive restaurant and the food isn’t that good. The service was very slow and the food was not up to the exorbidant prices they charge. Very disappointed.

1  Thank Joseph D

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Kind of fell onto this restaurant by accident while in Positano. Happened to be walking by their location and looked down and saw the terrace from the street. My daughter and I decided to go down and have dinner there. The service was lovely as was the view and the food was good l. We both ordered fish which came whole with the head attached. The waiter immediately asked if we would like it filleted by him and we both said absolutely. We had a lovely dinner but on the expensive side. On the plus side they do have an elevator which is a welcome site after a day of stairs.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In all the years that I have been writing reviews, I have never written a negative one. If a place was even mediocre I reserved my review, not wanting to hurt their business. I feel obligated to let other's know the difficulties we had and I hope the restaurant reads this reviews and makes the necessary changes;
The waiter highly recommended the tasting menu which lasted for 3 1/2 of what I eventually considered tortuous hours. After 2 hours and 2 small plates I was ready to either go into the kitchen and cook or to leave.
The staff has no idea what the word "service" means. No one was anywhere to be found until every 45 minutes when we got a course. I have done tastings all around the world but it never takes almost 4 hours for dinner for 2 In a very small restaurant
that was not busy. We were totally neglected.. Though the staff is pleasant, there is absolutely no training or understanding of how to run a restaurant.
To make matters worse, the food was poor. I eat almost every food and enjoy most, but some of the course were inedible. I even left 1 of the 2 rib lamb chops, a favorite of mine, because I couldn't get it down. Of course the staff never came by to ask if we liked any of the courses. Toward the end, 3 hours into this meal our waiter commented that I hardly ate some of the courses but he never asked when he cleared the dishes if there was a problem. And even when he commented that was it, didn't really care. Even the dessert was mediocre and easily left.
I must say the chef tries hard and the presentation is lovely, just the taste is poor. The waiters mean well, just never trained. The view it also beautiful and it was a lovely evening outside.

2  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Please try this place. Gorgeous views with excellent food. The chef and his family are very welcoming and offers homely feel and beautiful menu and food

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I wanted to dine here since I saw the jaw dropping photos of the patio and the view. Some people tried to talk me out of it saying - “it will not be what you’re expecting”. And by that I understand what they meant. It will not be a menu of pizzas, pastas and the same food at 90% of the restaurants in the area. It is a very elevated, gourmet experience. Small portions but each very creative and carefully crafted. Service was outstanding and the views are just unparalleled. I’m very glad we dined here.