“Perfect apartments in Positano”
other travellers have booked this property
Terrace view, II° Level Terrace view, II° level
From Positano to Capri
View Positano
Positano, Garitta
Sunset
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Portuguese first
Any
Fran B
Birmingham, Michigan
“Positano is magical, this villa is mediocre”
Reviewed 18 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

We stayed in Positano with a large group (12 women) at Gaetano's villa. The reviews on Trip Advisor were great and the price was right but we were disappointed. We expected luxury and that's not what we got. It's much smaller than it appears in the photos. The large terrace pictured on the website must be Gaetano's private space because we never saw it. After returning home, I re-read the glowing reviews that convinced us to go for this property and they are very suspicious.  All I can say is do your research, be careful and know what you're getting.
As far as this villa is concerned, there are two levels for guests and the lower level is a little nicer than the upper level but not by much. Everything is clean but outdated. The old stove didn't work very well but Gaetano fixed it for us on two occasions. Gaetano is an extremely nice man who speaks broken English. Due to the communication barrier, he is not able to provide much help or information. He promised wifi but it was sporadic. He washed our towels once during the week and replaced them with fresh ones. That's it. Cleaning/housekeeping is not provided. You have to buy your own toilet paper, paper towels and napkins, although the kitchen is stocked with dishes, glasses, cups and utensils. The elevation makes the views absolutely gorgeous but you must be able to walk down the hill to get to the beach - and up again. All told, there are much nicer places to stay in Positano but they are more expensive. In all honestly, I would have given it a below-average rating but I realize that I'm very particular and if you're on a budget and do not have high expectations, this villa would be acceptable.

Visit was for: Leisure

A romantic getaway Older travelers
New Mexico
Reviewed 13 June 2012 for a stay in June 2010

gottalove...
“quaint and comfortable villa”
Reviewed 8 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012

Positano is breathtakingly beautiful. The villa, with it's fabulous view of the sea, is comfortable for a large group. Each bedroom has its own updated bathroom. Though the rooms are not as large as they appear in the photos, the villa provides a relaxed, comfortable enviornment. The kitchens are well stocked with cooking utensils. Markets, shops and restaurants are within walking distance.

Gaetano is a wonderful host, going that extra mile to help us with our needs. Only complaint was that Wifi didn't work for our iPads.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Gaetano was very helpful in addressing our needs and responding to our requests.
Liked least: The villa is not as spacious as it appears on the website
Travelling group: With Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing