“Delicious food, ok service.”

La Taverna del Leone
Reserve with
La Taverna del Leone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 92 Restaurants in Positano
Price range: US$17 - US$58
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Historical mediterranean family restaurant since 1965, featuring passion, authentic food from local ingredients and warm hospitality
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I are on our honeymoon, and decided to go to La Taverna del Leone. They offered free shuttle from Positano central which was great, although had to ask 3x to get dropped back after which was annoying.
My pizza was outstanding, as was the ricotta stuffed zucchini starter. My wife’s fish was a bit small / so so for the price.
I’d recommend this place all considered but our experience could have been better.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It wasn’t just a meal... it was an experience! Everything was so delicious, we were that couple that was likely ooo-ing and ahh-ing at every course that came out. The tuna, octopus, croquet, sorbet, ricotta cheesecake.... I could go on and on! It was honestly the best meal of our lives and we would go back again in a heartbeat. There may not be a view of the coast inside, but the view of the kitchen to see the chefs put such care towards your food makes the entire experience that much more memorable. Thanks for an amazing honeymoon dinner!!

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I chose the 5 course tasting menu and loved every morsel! The service was great and in every dish they really highlighted the amazing regional flavors.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel above and ate here on our last night. The food was all outstanding. I had the blue lobster stuffed pasta in lemon butter sauce. It was so tasty, I could've eaten another serve! My boyfriend had a pizza, which he enjoyed immensely. The mixed salad we shared was so tasty, but simple. And the dessert was also amazing. The staff were polite and professional. Nice atmosphere with relaxed background music. 5 stars.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Loved this family run restaurant! The food was amazing. So many unique dishes to try. The staff was very attentive and accommodating. We loved it so much we went there twice in the 4 nights we stayed in Positano.