“Best food in Montepulciano”

Rosso Rubino Trattoria
Reserve with
Rosso Rubino Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 105 Restaurants in Montepulciano
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were 6 nights in Montepulciano and ate every night in restaurants. To Rosso Rubino we had to go twice, since it was so good. The owners (wife serving and husband cooking, i guess) were charming. Good wine with a reasonable price. Tortellinis with truffle was delicious course.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

We had heard great things about this restaurant from a few different locals and it did not disappoint. We only ate here once, but plan on visiting it again in the future. We had 3 courses (appetizer, main, and dessert) along with a wonderful bottle of wine. We were going to pick one bottle of wine, but the owner suggested a different one...we went with the suggested bottle and it was truly amazing. The owner speak little English, but really made an effort to explain the different dishes. My husband and I went with 2 different specials and both dishes were delicious. We ended dinner with Vin Santo which was the perfect ending to a perfect evening.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Great food. Lovely service. You must must must order a dish with truffle here. I eat in a lot of restaurants in Canada and when you order anything with truffle they are so dear with it. Here the carpaccio came with a boatload of truffle, and the tortellini pasta with plentiful amounts! (At least compared to North American standards). The pasta was nice and chewy—I had the ragu, which was delicious, but I was seriously jealous of my friends truffle tortellini. I took a pic but it doesn’t do the food justice.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on a Thursday evening as a family of four. I'd booked online a few weeks before based on the good ratings. Our booking was 7:30pm but we were enjoying ourselves in a bar nearby so I popped in to ask if we could move the booking to 8pm, which was no problem.

The restaurant is quite small but it had a nice atmosphere. One lady seemed to be doing all the serving and she was very pleasant and friendly. Our food order didn't take long and between us we had the wild boar stew and the steak with truffles - excellent food and perfectly cooked. Desserts were great too - good selection.

My only reason for not giving 5 stars is the wait we had once the plated were cleared. It was almost like we weren't there once we'd finished our desserts, when it would have been nice time be asked if we wanted a coffee or even the bill.

Definitely would return though.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

My husband and I were here from one evening with a wealth of choice and the choice we made did not disappoint
The husband and wife team of hostess and chef are fabulous from start to finish. The food was superb with proper euthentic Italian food with fresh amazing flavours. We had fresh figs and melon to start which was sweet and full of flavour, followed by Gnocchi a a creamy saffron sauce ( I didn’t want it to end) and duck for main which fell of the bone.
Truly recommend - you will not be disappointed