“Excellent visit ”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Had dinner here one evening.
The waitress where polite and showed me to the table. They didn't have an English menu but she where kind enough to walk me through the menu, explaining what they have. She did this did this on in self learned English. I understood most of what she said, and she did it with a smile on her face.
I do not know what the dish I ordered is called. But I will have no problem going here again.
Great service and good food.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

This restaurant offers tipical italian dishes for their guests: fishes, pasta, salads. The waitress was very kind and helpful, she offered us a mixed fish plate for appetizer. It included many sorts of fishes and fruits of the sea, which we never ate before. This was a specific taste-adventure for us, but we loved it! As main course we ate pasta filled with fish. It had the taste and consistence of home-made pasta, cooked al-dente. We also liked it very much! If you go to Monfalcone, and you love the taste of fresh fish dishes, I offer Lo Spuntino!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Amazing dishes in this little and very welcoming restaurant.
Staff is very friendly, prices are very decent for what you get and service is good and fast.
Only side that needs improvement, is to keep smokers in the outdoors side of the restaurant separated from non smokers inside. Even with the limited size of the dining room, I'm convinced that this can be done to keep everyone happy.
Beside this, I definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Lo Spuntino is a jewel. I was staying in Ronchi Dei Legionaire. There were dozens of restaurants between my hotel and Lo Spuntino, but I just had this feeling, and was so pleased that I followed it.

If you've read my reviews, you know that I tell it like it is. I reserve words like "excellent" and "special" to be used only when they have been earned. Lo Spuntino is deserving of my highest praise.

I started off with a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. I don't often drink a Cabernet while travelling, because I've been disappointed too often. There was no disappointment at Lo Sputino. I took the recommendation of the server, and was presented with a delightful, tasty Cabernet that set the tone for what followed. That included a first course of scallops mixed with spices in a soft pasta (pictured in this review), and a second course of a tender, very good grade of Scottish beef. My only regret was that I had no room left for desert. I did finish off the meal with an espresso, also very good.

The staff was very good a providing a family-like setting and, although I really enjoyed this, I'm sure there are people who would want a more polished atmosphere. However, I'm there for the food, and it was a satisfying delightful experience that I plan to repeat.
I'm traveling to the Triest area for business regularly for the forseeable future, and I'll be sure to visit Lo Spuntino whenever I'm in the region.

The final polish for this crown jewel? My entire meal was under 30 Euros. That is a bargain for such fine dining.

1  Thank Global-track
Reviewed 21 February 2017

This small but very cosy restaurant proposes very good home made pasta specialities but also other dishes. Following the recommendation of the very nice service lady we took pastas of the day and a special mixed started plate. All was really excellent food and nicely decorated on the plate. The red house wine that she recommended was also very nice! A restaurant to go back again!