All reviews next morning free parking within walking distance italian breakfast one night breakfast room small balcony off season aeolian islands the air conditioning ferry port cakes news luggage tv cheese seafront
Reviewed 25 October 2016

Milazzo was our last stop while travelling throughout Sicily around June of 2015. Memorable town, nice hotel. But Stefano whom I have regretably not met in person, is the person I want to thank the most. While already in the town of Monte Casino, I noticed that one of my cherished bangle bracelets was missing in my luggage. I could not remember where I could have misplaced it. That is when the marathon of calling previous hotels where we stayed began.
I have called Hotel il Principe many times, even spoke to the owner/manager, but the answer was always negative. There seemed to be no effort from the people I spoke with in regards to this matter. I was only informed each time that this particular room has been occupied many times after our leave, and staff have not seen any bracelet. Most of the people I spoke with had difficulty speaking English.
As I mentioned before I have called the hotel many times in this matter. About 4 weeks later, while already travelling outside of Italy, I decided to call previous hotels we stayed in and this hotel particular one more time. This time a wonderful person by the name of Stefano answered the phone. Stefano spoke English very well. I told him the reason of my call. He asked me for the information pertaining to the stay, dates, room number, etc. I asked him if he could do me a favor, by going into the particular room and checking the safe one more time. Stefano seemed very concerned about my loss, and took it upon himself to honor my plea by indeed checking the safe hands on. A few minutes later Stefano returned asking me for details of the bangle. And then came the wonderful news, Stefano found my cherished bracelet. At first I could not believe believe the good news.
I would like to thank Stefano for his caring, for his professionalism, and for his honesty. Thank-you for mailing the parcel back to Canada. You are a rarity in this world which I would like to call a "special jewel". The hotel should be proud to have you as an associate. I share this episode with many of my travelling friends, and they all are so impressed by your kindness. Thank-you so very very very much I wonder if you still work for the hotel, if not I would appreciate if the management would be so kind by passing on the message to Stefano. Thank-you again!!!
Jane Kruszelnicki

Date of stay: December 2015
Stefano S, Responsabile reception at Hotel il Principe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2016

Good morning Mrs Jane,
Thank you for your beautiful review.
I'm happy you're satisfied from your stay and from the service received.
You should not thank me; as you said we haven't met (because we work in shifts), so I just did my job, I think you arent't my customer but my guest.....
Thank you for "advertising" you are doing with your friends and I hope you come back in Milazzo in order to meet you.

Stefano

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

We made a reservation through Booking with a settled price and after we stayed there and we were going to pay the price was completely another, cause -as they said- the prices changes everyday, so even if you make a reservation with one price it doesn't mean anything later. This matter really annoyed us, cause for the final price we payed we could have taken a better hotel...
The breakfast is not very good, since you have very few options and they are not even fresh!
On the other side, to be a 4 starts hotel, they don't change the sheets of the bed every day as are they suppose to do.
The only worth it thing are the guys that work in the reception, they are very kind and sweet, they try to help you with everything you need!

Date of stay: August 2016
Stefano S, Responsabile reception at Hotel il Principe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

Dear Guest,
I'm sure that's a mistake! We can't change the price settled on booking.com, but
probably you stayed more nights than your reservation; in this case is possible the price will be different because usually there are some "early booking" promotions.
Please contact us in private so I can give all informations you need.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

It is located on the road next to sea. I had room with sea view which had good sound proofing and good WiFi. I normally found parking in the street but Saturday evening I did not move car because very busy. Paid parking quite far away. Breakfast is continental and with few choices.

Room tip: room with sea view
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2016

I came here last year with my husband, and had an awesome time, very close to the shops, in walking distance to everything, especially the beach, and the cafe's, you will enjoy the stay, it is truly amazing place. The staff are friendly and willing to help you.

Room tip: Street view, includes sea view
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

The Hotel itself is very clean and nice. But the walls in our room where falling apart. It was very loud and Dark. Including the climate control.

Breakfast was simple, cold and nothing was handmade.

If you want to see the eolian Islands this will be ok for one or two Nights.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple