All reviews helpful owners station fi minutes bus venice
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is the cleanest on our European trip staff excellent breakfast excellent parking free the rooms modern but with the venician touch 10 minutes from Roma square Venice no 2 bus €1.50 only 24hr service nice restaurants around excellent cant recommend it more with a balcony aswell

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2017

My travel agent booked the room for us in July for a September stay. Our travel agent paid for the room in July. We arrived at the hotel on the day of the reservation (September 23) with the hotel's confirmation voucher in hand.

The hotelier checked us in and gave us the room key...at which time I was asked to pay the government hotel tax of five euros. I paid the tax and went to our room. A few minutes later, the hotelier knocked on the door and said that I owed the full room charge of 90 euros. I showed him my room voucher again and said that I had already paid for the room. At which, the hotelier said that he would have to charge me 100 euros instead of the 90 euros that he had originally requested. This later was adjusted to a demand for 80 euros when I said that I needed to call my travel agent to get this sorted out.

The hotelier then changed his story to deny having a reservation for me and said that the travel agent’s voucher for the hotel was meaningless. He said that we had to leave the hotel because he had another guest who wanted the room. He kept running up and down the stairs yelling "get out, get out" and at one point (when he was in the room) he grabbed my suitcase and tried to pull it out of the room.

He later changed his mind and said we could stay but we had to move to a different room, which he was not able to show us in advance of our move. Turns out that, while we had booked a double room with private bath, the hotelier thought he would rent us a room with a bathroom shared with another guest on the floor.

I refused to move and attempted to reach the travel agent via the 24/7 emergency number. When the travel agent representative called me back, he tried to speak with the hotelier without success so the travel agent told me to pay the additional room charge (so that we had a place to stay that night). The agent said that the travel agency would get the problem sorted out through the hotel booking agent and reimburse us for paying twice for the same room. The hotelier demanded cash payment but, since I did not have sufficient euros (and I wanted a record of the second payment) I paid with my credit card.

When I was down in the lobby, the hotelier told another guest (who was waiting for a room) that I had taken the room he had been assigned and he should confront me to get the room that he wanted.

When we left the hotel to catch the train into downtown Venice, the hotelier demanded that we leave the room key. Not a comfortable feeling that your possessions are locked in a room to which you no longer have access...not a customer-friendly practice...especially since we did not know if, when we returned, our possessions would have been moved to the street.

As my wife and I were preparing to retire for the evening, we noted small bugs on the bed so I checked for bed bugs. Didn't find any evidence of bed bugs on the mattress but did find someone's identification, which had expired in 2012. Looks like this hotelier is not in the practice of flipping and cleaning the mattresses on any kind of regular basis.

Our balcony opened into a multi-storey parking garage (about 4 feet away)...not exactly a room with a view...or one that brings fresh air into the room...just the smell of car exhaust.

Overall, an unkempt hotel operated by a disreputable (and hostile) hotelier. Avoid this one!!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BellFamily2017
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Everything about the hotel was good. Very neat and clean rooms, excellent wi-fi, helpful owners, kind and hard-working employees, sumptuous breakfast, great service, close to bus and train stations, air-conditioning worked perfectly, tv, etc. Made our stay very comfortable in every way possible

Room tip: safe and well maintained hotel
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

The reviews brought me to the hotel and they were spot on: extremely helpful owners and very clean rooms; ample breakfast and I cannot stress enough how helpful the owners were. Would stay there again.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2015

So I'd been travelling all day, came across this hotel near Mestre station. Should have kept going, and found somewhere else. Run by Chinese people, with barely any English spoken, and their Italian didn't seem to be all that fantastic either. The room was clean enough, but very small , and all the bedding and towels smelled of pickling vinegar (!). Not pleasant. No options for breakfast, you get given a tray with your breakfast (Boiled egg, croissant, yoghurt, sweet cheese, jam, pre-packaged toast. Not everyone's sort of thing). Only thing going for it is the proximity to Mestre station. It's also expensive for what you get. €75 a night for this place is a rip-off!

Date of stay: July 2015