Reviews (1 203)
1 203 results
All reviewsthe busacross the roadlarge supermarketpam supermarketthe hotel receptiondouble roombuy the ticketsvenice islandvisiting venicecost eurosshort staywater busespublic transportgrand canalten minutestakes about minutesper person
294 - 299 of 1 203 reviews
Reviewed 11 June 2015

We traveled with 2 children ( 9 and 12 year old). Rooms are nice and spacious. Excellent connections to Venice opposite the hotel. In just 10 minutes you are in Venice. At the reception you will find a lot of information about transport, nice place to visit.
Breakfast very good, and the staff very nice.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicoleta P
Reviewed 3 June 2015

We stayed this hotel for 9 days and its convenient to visit to Venezia with bus #L4 .
However its a bit far to the train station I thought when we ride the High speed train to Florence.
Staffs are nice and the service was good. Morning buffe is American style with warm eggs and bacon.
We walked to the Piazza Ferretto, central Mestre, and enjoyed Spirits^^

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank loveinfinity5000
Reviewed 2 June 2015

Our room was fairly old fashioned however, the location was amazing! The bus stop outside takes you directly into Venice within 10 minutes, bought a return into Venice from Reception for $2, but due to no guard many passengers didn't even pay for journeys as there is no card check whatsover only one swipe machine to touch in and out, impossible to get to on busy journeys. Plus, buses run until 1am.
Highly recommend if you want to experience Venice at a cheaper price!
Free wifi despite you having to post it on your facebook wall to use it, but I just deleted it straight after so no issue!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travellinveggie
Reviewed 27 May 2015

I booked online the City Break holiday with Jet2 and was booked with Delfino Hotel, which was the cheapest hotel deal in Venice the Jet2 offered. By the time I got the confirmation of the holiday with Jet2 the price had gone up by another £100 just for 3 nights. When I arrived at Hotel Delfino in Mestre, Venice, at about 1pm I was told, my single room is in their sister hotel Ambasciatori Hotel just next to Delfino Hotel, and a member of the staff escorted me to the Hotel. At the reception they wanted my passport and credit card as a guarantee for any extras, and they copied the two items and returned to me. After that they told me check in is at 2pm and allowed me to leave the luggage in the store room at the back of the reception. I went to a nearby café for a small lunch.
My room was in the 6th floor which is served by a small lift. When I arrived after 2pm and went upstairs, the room was not ready. I had a key and when I opened the door I got a shock of the state of the room, as it appeared there is someone still staying in the room. I freaked and walked out. A chambermaid who was still making the room on the floor saw me outside the room and came to the room saying your room is not ready yet. She started making the room, and I waited on the corridor outside. It may have taken about 15-20 minutes for her to make the room ready while I was waiting outside. After that the things seemed to be normal, I don’t expect luxuries for low end of the price range. It was a sunny day and Venice was hotter than England. There was a safety box in the room. Because there was such a thing, I asked the reception how it works. The receptionist didn’t know how it works and sent a staff to show me how to use it. The maintenance engineer couldn’t make it work. That didn’t bother me, except that I informed the reception about that. I told them if I don’t use the safety box provided that might go against me. If it does not work, well then I can’t use it. Enough of the obsolete safety deposit box. In the room fridge there were two bottles of water, still and sparkling. There was a charge for the water in the minibar. I didn’t want to pay for the water in the minibar. There was an overhead TV which you can watch from the bed. There were no channels in English. The lighting system was modern, semi-automated with entry key. The bathroom or rather the shower room was nice. Now the shock of my life, the toilet pan is one of those continental or German style with back to front. They are called non-splash, but the faeces stick to the pan, and I would call them as non-self-cleansing when flushed. The toilet flush developed a slight leak and that prevented filling the cistern to flush. I played a bit with the cistern handle which was a big pad that you press, and luckily it seemed to stop the trickling leak. Not a situation that gives you much confidence. I informed the maintenance engineer about the leak in the cistern, I don’t think he did anything about it.
Hotel reception didn’t inform me at the time of check in, when and where the breakfast is served as I am used to in UK. When I returned to Hotel from Venice in the night, I asked the reception about the breakfast. They told me it is in the R floor in the lift for Restaurant. I walked up the stairs and found out which floor is that. There was no temperature control switch in the room, and it was bit too warm, and I kept the double-glazed double-paned window slightly open overnight. The shower was working perfectly nicely temperature controlled. There was also a bidet in the shower and toilet room which is a plus point.
I looked at the restaurant menu available in the room, and didn’t fancy the choice. Very little choice and not too expensive. I thought I’ll venture outside for food and drink. Self-served breakfast was served from 7 – 10am. Served a reasonable range of full continental with a bit of English. I’ll give full marks for breakfast including the times it was available.
Location: Ideal location for budget price hotel in Venice. Close to train station that serves frequent trains to Santa Lucia Station in Venice Island. About 10 minutes walk from the Hotel. I understand that there are also frequent buses to Venice Roma Bus Station near the train Station from a bus stop just outside the Hotel. I didn’t use this service. There is a McDonald restaurant just nearby and a large supermarket just next to the Hotel. There are few cafes and bars around in Mestre near the Hotel that serve food and drink.
The reception didn’t mention the nominal tourist tax at the time of check in. They told me about that when I checked out. I knew all the way through about the tourist tax. They didn’t charge extra for anything else other than tourist tax, because I didn’t use anything else. I cannot comment about friendliness of the staff. What I liked most was the breakfast. What I liked least was the back to front messy toilet pan. I liked the shower. Window on the 6th floor was like a strong room, with two panes and a steel shutter in between. Cannot comment about heating and ventilation or air conditioning. It was quite warm, and I controlled the temperature by opening the window. I didn’t like the TV because it had no channel in English.
All in all, I liked the place and the hotel. Unfortunately strong caveat, beware of the messy toilet pan. Mind you the room was not cheap for more than £50 a night, but low end of the price range of Hotels in Venice. I’ll stay there again if I have to. The Hotel claims 4 stars, I’ll give 3 stars for the reasons given. On second thought I should try some other place for a change.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank AnandLeo
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

The worst hospitality and the staff not helpful at all, very negative and the reception could not help us for getting around the city they didn't have good knowledge of the transportation system and the free wifi in the hotel was very slow and had to pay for accessing all the online services It was horrible.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family