Reviews (2 378)
2 378 results
1 163
1 163
All reviews across the road train station soul kitchen restaurant visiting venice frequent trains marco polo airport scrambled eggs excellent location the ground floor breakfast room convenient location hotel room trains run santa lucia grand canal breakfast was included venice island
358 - 363 of 2 378 reviews
Reviewed 15 December 2015

Hotel location is just across the street from Mestre train station. We stayed here in for 5D-4N and found their staffs were friendly and helpful. Breakfast is OK and they have free wifi. Going to Venice is approx. 8-10 minutes by train with many options of train schedule from very early in the morning hours up until over midnight. This is also our base to go for one-day trip to Milan and Firenze by train. They have a restaurant in the corner side but if you like there is a chinese restaurant in Via Piave within 5 minutes walk provides various tasty food. So if you decide not to stay in similar class hotels in Venice which are more expensive, this hotel in Mestre is recommended.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank esubijono
Reviewed 15 December 2015

My husband, sister and brother in law were taking a cruise from Venice so decided to stay in Mestre the evening before. The hotel was fine. the staff were very good and ordered a taxi for us for the next day. Breakfast was very good, in a nice room. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, the hotel is directly across the road from the train station. Some nice restaurants and shops nearby. There is a good bar restaurant next door. This place was fine for a stop over. If you are wanting to visit Venice, go and stay in Venice and soak up the wonderful Venetian atmosphere. If you are in transit...the Plaza is fine for one or two nights.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Chesterella
Reviewed 11 December 2015

Our flight was cancelled at 20:00 pm at trevise airport (near venise italy). After we changed our tickets(in the queue for 3-4 hours) we needed to stay one night somewhere. We arrived at this hotel at mestre around Midnight, very very tired, cold, hungry.
We asked the staff about the wifi, he said the room number is always required by wifi if we tried to connect. We totally understand that a hotel refused the others to use their wifi if they are not their client. Even they had already put their wifi password in front of the reception, we decided to respect the rule and stay one night at this hotel because the staff looked like very good.
Then the staff said he had unlocked our wifi access for our devices on his computer so that now we didn't need to enter the room number any more....how funny...you can change the way of wifi login for each individual device through the pc....sometimes you need only a password, sometimes you need the room number ....
I was not happy that he lied and played us like this so we have a little discussion. He accepted that he was lying and said sorry. The story would stop here and I still have a good opinion about this hotel if nothing happened the next day.
The next day, when we were leaving, he asked us to let him offer us the city tax as an apology. So we only paid for the night. Then he gave me a receipt of 74e without the city tax. But when I check my account recently, I find out that the city tax is still drawed from my Visa card after I left the hotel. But I was not told about this payment. To be honest, city tax is nothing, I will be happy to pay them if the staff doesn't tell me that it is offered. Furthermore, my travel assurance will pay all. What I cannot understand and I am not happy with is the lies which are not necessary and reasonable.
OMG, I totally don't understand! Only 6.2 euros of city tax HOTEL PLAZA! You are lying to your clients for such tiny tiny things, how can we trust this hotel?! NO NEED TO LIE! We, the customers are not so unreasonable! We will understand if you can explain yourself! Please don't traite your customers like the dolls and stop stupid lies! It is the first time that I see a hotel staff like this!

Room Tip: Staff cannot be trusted!
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Y C
Reviewed 2 December 2015 via mobile

Hotel was excellent value and location was great - literally across the street from train station into Venice itself and trains run every 10 mins. I would choose this hotel again when visiting Venice. Lots of hot water and big rooms although reception area downstairs is modern the rooms themselves are of old fashioned design.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Shamsa A
Reviewed 29 November 2015

Hotel is close to train and bus station make very convenience and easy to locate. Hotel provide tourist information in room like how to go by train, bus and tour packages which is really helpful. Breakfast is good though same food daily. Overall great value hotel.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple