All reviews train station small room staff spoke good english nice hotel the breakfast area wifi worked well triple room air con short stay mini bar minute walk free wifi budget hotel couple of nights decent breakfast visiting venice clean towels
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I booked this hotel for me & my boyfriend as we were visiting Venice. The hotel is very modest & clean. There was access to Netflix and many different channels on the TV & also a mini fridge filled with non alcoholic & alcoholic drinks. The hotel is a 15 minute bus ride from Venice itself with a bus stop only round the corner.
We loved our stay in our hotel, very quite and clean.

The only downfall being the room was quite small but as you do in all hotels you are only there to sleep.

Would highly recommend!!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2018

This is a budget hotel however it was clean, comfortable and had a decent sized room. The staff were pleasant. It is convenient and cheap to get either the bus or the train into Venice. Some reviewers said this was not a good area. I don't agree. Yes, there were some people about the streets however they were not threatening, caused no trouble and at no time did I feel worried. Walked about the area at night with no problem. I would use the hotel again.

Reviewed 28 October 2018

As we arrived to check in, we were surpriced that our room was not located in the hotel building, but actually in a apartment complex three buildings away, where they annexed the whole ground floor as a suplement to their hotel. As we entered the hallway where our room was, the first thing that hit us was a smell of mold/moisture and air-freshner/perfume used abundantly to mask the other smells. Entering the room it was even stronger. It was unbarable, and airing the room did not seem to help. The clerk agreed to show us two other rooms, and we ended up choosing the least bad one. Still had the same smell, just not as much as the other ones. We thought that turning the AC on would also help to ventilate some and get rid of the smell.

I turned the AC on COOL and fan speed on max, (it was 25-27deg C that day) and we went to a local restaurant to find something to eat. As we came back to our room it was probably close to 40deg C in the room!! The AC actually does not work, and whatever you adjust on the conrol panel, it only heats.

As I talk to the clerk again, he obviously had enough of us norwegians complaing on both perfume smell and non-functional AC. (Actually they consider that you do not need any mor AC as this is fall in italy, only HEAT.) He is rude, tells me straight up that my ideas are stupid! (the exact word he used - I asked him if we can switch the outdoor AC unit back to cool) and goes on and on that he was actually nice and let us switch room in the first place, and that we are just inventing another problem. He refused to let me talk to the manager, and when I called my travel agent that booked this hotel, he lied and said they have a service guy coming to repair the AC. (but eventually admitted to me that the cooling is switched off for the season but did not count on such hot days...)

The reason that I gave the hotel two stars and not one is because of the breakfast the next morning. The food was good and the lady serving was really friendly and nice. Just too bad that we had to sleep in something that reminded me of a mix between a sauna, moldy perfume shop - and on top of that being verbally abused and insulted by this untrained guy working in the reception.

Maybe the rooms in the main building are better, we had a family room. However, based on our experience I would not recommend you to stay here.

If the hotel manegement reads this: Please train your staff in how to talk to customers, please solve your mold issues in the other buidling - and for the love of anything that is decent, dont try to mask the unpleasent odors using another odour like "air freshner/flower perfume"! It is very unpleasant! (and maybe consider fixing the AC and let the customers decide themselfs wether they want the room warmer or colder...)

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank NorTraveller4018
tripaaron, Responsabile reception at Hotel Aaron, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear NorTraveller4018,
the weather during your stay here was an expection, however this drastic changes are pretty common in Venice during the year.
In the room there was an informative paper with all the information that you should have read before using the AC/Heat, i understand that you did not care to do so. In the same way you didn't care to read our website were it is clearly stated that some rooms are located in an annex near the reception, with pictures as well. Moreover, you were the only one complaining for the AC.
Our staff never use rude words, take a look at the reviews. We even let you choose the room twice!!
Honestly i suggest you to read carefully about the weather before travelling to another country/city, and i also invite you to read carefully the information of a hotel or everything you find inside the room. If the situation get bad because of a mistake made by you, why do you need to blame the hotel?
Regards

Reviewed 23 October 2018

I booked into Hotel Aaron by default. My passport was stolen in Venice and I needed somewhere to stay for 3 nights until I could get to the British Consulate in Milan. The hotel was fine for my needs,and the staff were exceptionally helpful. Nothing was too much trouble,and Alex was so kind and printed off all my hastily booked travel arrangements. This hotel deserves its 3 stars,and a 5 star rating for customer service. Thankyou.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank grannyang
tripaaron, Responsabile reception at Hotel Aaron, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Dear Angela, thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure to help a wonderful person as you. Whenever you'll need again an accomodation in Venice please do no esitate to contact us again. Thank you again for staying in our hotel, i wish you all the best for the future.
Kind regards,
Lovato A.

Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

This is an unpretentious, small hotel fairly close to the train and bus stations. It suited us very well as a journey break on route from Venice Airport to Bologna. Pleasant and welcoming staff and satisfying and reasonably priced breakfast.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
tripaaron, Responsabile reception at Hotel Aaron, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2018

Dear Anthony,
thank you for staying with us, we're glad that you appreciated the hotel and our services. Hope to welcome you again in future!
Kind regards