“An Apology Goes A Long Way”
Review of Hotel La Certosa

Hotel La Certosa
Ranked #20 of 47 Hotels in Massa Lubrense
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Stayed here for four days for a good friend’s wedding. Upon arriving we were told they couldn’t find our reservation, this is after booking through Expedia and then separately following up with the hotel 2 months before our stay. The manager, Alfonso, was very unapologetic about the situation and basically told us “things happen”, he did not apologize once. I had booked a sea view room a year and advance and they had no more available when we were checking in. Our room was towards the back of the building, decent enough size and has all your basic necessities. I am giving this hotel 2 stars because the customer service is just some of the worst I have seen in my travels, not one apology during our stay. My husband and I are pretty easy going and we know mix ups happen, but it’s the way you handle them that separates the bad from the good. Had a few friends stay at the hotel right next door, said it was great.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Alfonso C, Proprietario at Hotel La Certosa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Thank you for your review. I' am so sorry I told you but may be you don't Listen . You cancel and book again you relatives cancel one day the book whit same surname and on the credit card , can I do a mistake . Then I told you if you can change for a room whit sea view what you book you say no . Then what I can do ? The guest make a mistake 100 times whit me and if one time a make a mistake you want kill me ??? For a sea vie or not ???? What I tell to you came and do my job and then you can write ??
Is easy write ....

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Great location, stunning views, delicious food, attentive and friendly personnel, clean, comfortable...I could go ahead hours and spend thousands words to describe how great was our experience at Certosa. It's one of the very few hotels right on the seaside on the Amalfi Coast.
The managing family makes any possible effort to make guests feel great and enjoy the unique location.
The beach is literally few steps from your room, clean, serviced. The location gained the prestigious blue flag, saying that the sea is crystal clean and not polluted.
Kids friendly

Do not expect a 5 star luxury hotel. It deals of a fairly small pension, italian style, on the seaside. Nevertheless, the service is great, surroundings magnificent and food...wow!

Room Tip: Any room is great!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank The_Gourmand2014
Alfonso C, Proprietario at Hotel La Certosa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you for your review and your stay .

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Had 6 nights at the hotel in a triple room. Very authentic, Italian feel. Looked after by the family run owners. Rooms were spacious. Air con was a must when we stayed. The beach was so close with lots of sun beds. The restaurant in the hotel was great, we are tge re 3 times during our stay with lovely pasta and fresh fish which were all very reasonable. Although off the beaten track there were regular buses to Sorrento and amalfi. Also from the beach you can get a boat trip to Amalfi which was well worth doing. There were also boat trips to Capri. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be going back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Alfonso C, Proprietario at Hotel La Certosa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Thank you for your review .

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Marina del Cantone is a little bit off the path, so I'd recommend calling the hotel to have them help you book a cab driver (otherwise you'll be overcharged if you cab from Naples). The staff at La Certosa (and the people that work around the beach) are very welcoming, kind, and accommodating. I absolutely loved my stay. There were plenty of people to help me plan excursions or activities for the day. The beach is very nice and couldn't be more accessible from the hotel. We had a sea view room on the second floor, and enjoyed sitting on the balcony and leaving the doors open to get a breeze. It got warm at night but otherwise the room felt fine - I wasn't sure how to work the A/C. The wifi is only down in the lobby so we used data when in the room. There are a few restaurants along the beach (they have free wifi also), and the Bay of Ieranto is nearby (a long and challenging hike, but SO worth it for the gorgeous beach). By boat, it's really easy to get to nearby places like Capri, Amalfi, Positano, Sorrento, etc.

Room Tip: Get a Sea View!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Alfonso C, Proprietario at Hotel La Certosa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you for your review. See you another time .

Alfonso

Reviewed 23 February 2017

Perfect location, view, staff and food. The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in a hotel. The Amaldi Coast is AMAZING! Do not miss Ristorante Miracapri which is located in the nearby village. Enjoy Italy! Slow down!

Room Tip: The rooms on the top with balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple