“Remembering the good times”
Review of California

California
Ranked #6 of 68 Restaurants in Marotta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Well, after so many years far from this town of my youth, I had the chance to come back and try some seafood at California.
I have ordered a cold starter (fish menu) and taglioni ai frutti di mare (seafood).
I have been satisfied by the quality of the food, the presentation, and the service.
A good dry sparkling wine accompanied my meal.
At the end, I have closed with lemon sorbet and of course a good powerful espresso.
This strike back to my youth, in terms of place and tastes, was well worth of the amount required, so I will probably come back here once in the area.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Although the building of the restaurant is not attractive at all, it is definitely worth to have dinner there. The Restaurant is nice and clean. The Food is very good and fresh. Especially, the pasta with frutti di mare, vungole and/or cozze are delicous and saturating.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We had high hopes for California, given the ranking on TripAdvisor, however our meal was a bit of an overpriced disappointment. Bread was stale and dry, octopus salad was canned and bland and the seafood pasta was just ok. The lowlight was having to wait 15-20 mins after our food came, for our children's plate of plain white pasta. Not sure how and why a dish so simple could take so long to make. Slow service and not worth the price of the dishes.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

I've been here few times and the reason is because California is a great experience. Starting from the floor staff that make you feel home (Ela is brilliant) and Davide (the owner) is just amazing! Food is great, I suggest tagliolini or passatelli but everything is tastefully perfect! Highly suggested to Italian and not!!!!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 21 July 2016

I came here again after last year's visit. Once again all the food I ate was outstanding. For me this is the best restaurant in town for fish based dishes. The manager is still a great guy and the service is above par both in speed and quality. For a honest price it is possible to get top notch food at the Ristorante California.

Date of visit: July 2016