“Absolutely fantastic (sea)food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic (sea)food. We had a great time and ate very delicious all through. The fish and seafood was our favorite, scallops served nicely in their shell tasty, pasta with seabeam also good then the mixed grilled fish with both sea fish and lake fish so nice. All served by two very nice waiters who made our dinner a better experience. Dolce is also recommend. All this right by the lakeside, peaceful and beautiful. I do recommend this.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

We had our wedding reception at Al Corsaro on 5 June 2018. The setting is just out of this world (right on the lake). The food was amazing and Mario and his team were brilliant! The tables looked gorgeous and they put out all of our table decorations for us. We danced well into the night and we had the best time! Everyone commented on what a brilliant time they had!

1  Thank Lindsey H
Reviewed 9 October 2017

We get married in Malcesine in July 2018, and have chosen Al Corsaro as our reception venue after hearing many brilliant reviews.

We visited Malcesine September 2017 and took the chance of enjoying a meal here before the big day, and it has made me even more excited for next year.

The owner Mario had been introduced to us the night before we visited, so was expecting us. He seated us inside in the corner, with amazing views of the lake (September weather didn't allow an outside meal). Throughout the evening Mario couldn't do enough for us! I opted for the black spaghetti with sea bass, and based on Mario's recommendation my partner had a half king prawn, half seabass dish which was all to die for.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is stunning, very clean with amazing panoramic views of the lake which was just splendid - it was easily the nicest meal we had whilst visiting Malcesine.

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this restaurant, it's just perfect.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We couldn't have been more pleased by the warm, sincere welcome and pleasant Brazilian-Italian waitress. Genuine, warm, gave great recommendations (mixed seafood platter from sea and lake, black pasta with sea bass, sun-dried tomatoes and olives, and trout from the lake on black rice). The food was local: fresh, just the right combo of inventive by local, The homemade tagliatelle was typically divine. Great view. Very minimalistic design and architecture, so let the food sing!

Reviewed 28 September 2017

I have been coming to Malcesine on business for over a decade and every time I get the chance to go to this amazing restaurant I am delighted to do so. Al Corsaro is at the base of Malcesine castle and has the most amazing views of Lake Garda as its set on the edge of the lake. Because if its location it is a quiet place to eat and you can sit and eat in relative peace and quiet as compared to the restaurants in the centre of Malcesine where you always have constant noise and footfall of people passing by.

I have been to many weddings here and every single one has been pure class. The food, the service, the ambience and the welcome from the owners and staff has been nothing short of excellent. I have eaten many dishes here over a decade and not one has been anything other than outstanding. The presentation is always amazing and the tasty and fresh food never disappoints. I would say the food price is mid-range but for me I have been to worse places and they have charged much more, so Al Corsaro is great value for the quality of food, the fantastic service and the location of the restaurant itself. There is a large range of drinks, a really good wine menu, indoors and outdoors eating. The toilets are large, well stocked and very clean.

Mario and his staff always provide a warm welcome and cater for all diets, tastes and quirks and I highly recommend a wedding reception, a group meal or a beautiful romantic couples meal here.

Finally, I have attended many many weddings in many countries around Europe and when I know I am coming to Al Corsaro or will be in Malcesine so I can eat here, it always puts a spring in my step because I know everything will be very very good!