“Waited twice in vain for spare ribs”
Review of Birrificio Livigno

Birrificio Livigno
Ranked #44 of 127 Restaurants in Livigno
Price range: US$13 - US$46
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Birrificio Livigno is famous not only for pizza and steakhouse, but even because is the place where 1816 (the heighest beer in Europe) is produced.When you are in Livigno, you can't miss to taste our hand crafted beer!
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

First time I ordered smoked spare ribs, I got i don't know what kind of a piece of meat. I asked, is this smoked spare ribs! Pointed with a finger to the menu entry. The waitress said yes, you got what you ordered. I was hungry, this is a foreign country, so maybe things are different from what they are called.
So I gave them a second chance two days later. Made sure by pointing with a finger to a picture of spare ribs on the menu that I wanted exactly this. Mentioned last time strange piece of meat that I got. - 'oh this is a mistake on the menu', I was informed. There is no dish like smoked spare ribs.

Short time later, My friend got his food, and I didn't. People next table got their spare ribs before me. I reminded the waitress. My friend was finished eating by then. Food didn't come. She obviously had forgotten again, so I reminded her again and the guy at the bar. There had been a mistake in the kitchen, I was informed by a third person. No excuse, no extra portion, no extra drink, no discount when it was finally served. Small fries instead of the announced 'mountain'.
Thanks guys, you've got to do better.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 306)

1 - 5 of 1 306 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

A funky stylish bar with a great range of craft beers and excellent food , friendly staff . Highly recommended

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Must visit place in Livigno. Peanuts shells on floor,great beer, homemade. Food is ok. We had great time.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Lovely cosy place, excelent for a beer after skiing (unfortunately not right on the slopes). Home made beer, at least 5 versions, smoked (rauch) beer is something which is not common in micro brewery - thumbs up!
Did not eat, so I can not give any advice on that.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Went there with our family of three, daughter of 12. Atmosphere is very laid back, peanuts shells everywhere, so don't go there if you are a cleaning addict.. :-) Local beers 1816 are great (take the 1 liter pint!) and pizzas as well according to our daughter. My wife and I ordered the mixed grill plate for two. The meat was absolutely overcooked a very dry. Even with the sauces it was not ok. Disappointing. But we were hungry and up for a very laid back night, so overall we had a good time. Staff was friendly. Prices are very ok as well.