“If you want to learn something new about the italian food and had good memories then you are her in the right place”

Ristorante Al Pescatore
Ranked #31 of 112 Restaurants in Lipari
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

In Italy and if you have luck you can always explore new taste and meet lovely people during your journey and we were lucky to visit this place.

During our trip we were eating 2 times in this restaurant which is something seldom for us.

In our first visit we had the opportunity to talk with the owner who was friendly enough to give us some tips about the offered food in the restaurant lately he was giving us some tips where to go on the island.

Trusting us without prior knowledge the owner handed my wife a traveling guide about trekking routes in the Aeolian Islands and he said we can use it during our stay with the condition to return it after we are finished using it.

The served food was well coked and every dish was tasting very good.
What we liked more that the owner was very friendly not only to the guests but to his employees who had different origin and nationalities (this show how open minded this owner and about his polite manners).

After we finished our food the owner was offering us free of charge an extra traditional drink (Malvasia wine) with sesame dry biscuits which is typical combination in the region, this gesture show a friendly and generous and content attitude. A greedy person will never behave in this way.

We were lucky that we found this place in Lipari and we were able to spent nice time and had a good memories.
Everything was as we expected

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I was visiting as a Tour Guide with two couples. We had just got off a boat doing a 3 island trip. We had trouble finding a table as it was peak time but eventually they put two tables together for us.
We only wanted panini but we're told they were not available. We settled on pizza and after quite a wait they arrived. Clearly frozen, cheap pizzas warmed up. Most unappetising and as a result we left most of them.
As the waiter cleared the plates I said the food was not good and he shrugged his shoulders.
I think this restaurant wants people to have a full cooked lunch and charge accordingly. Our food was shamefully bad and not cheap either.
This restaurant lets down the island and I would urge people not to use it and try to get off the beaten track to find something authentic.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

It is no wonder this restaurant is the best in Lipari. From the friendly and formal welcome to the art, crisper than crisp table clothes, service, wine list and food is exceptional. I have been visiting from 20 years and if anything it keeps getting better.

Visited July 2017

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Although located in a gorgeous part of the marina, away from the crowded tourist area, the food was expensive for what it was - pasta gamberri 13 euro. Even though I was here on my own the staff were less than helpful. When I ordered my pasta gamberri with no main, the waiter looked at me wondering why no main! More a tourist style restaurant in a lovely location.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I went there with my partner to let him try nice and fresh fish.we both live in Australia
Table service was pretty good:staff were nice and polite
The food portion was pretty small:we were not impressed about food .