“Lovely evening ”

Ristorante Enoiteca Boivin
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Levico Terme
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: closed from Nov 2 till Nov22 . Otherwise always open for dinner except mondays. Sundays and Saturdays open for lunch
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited Boivin as a celebration evening with our holiday party, as a pre booked excursion. We thought it was excellent. The staff were incredibly friendly and we had a good red wine included in the price. The food was very good, pork belly with polenta and red cabbage which was melt in the mouth and beautifully cooked. We had a pasta dish too which was lovely and panna cotta with berries. The restaurant was quaint and tables were moved to accommodate our group. A very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited on a Sunday night with a large group on a Travelsphere tour, so the menu was fixed. A generous salad & quiche starter was followed by a pasta and meat course. Then a pork chop with polenta and a strudel sweet. It was OK, but nothing to rave about. Maybe as individual customers choosing from the main menu we may have been more impressed.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Closing meal of a business trip to the north Italy. Of all our meals, this was honestly stunning food. The deer ragu was outstanding. The soup hearty and simple wonderful, and our salt beef main a sophisticated pleasure. The chef came out to meet us to run through his selection of cheeses. Enjoyable and will look forward to returning some day.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

A friend suggested Boivin when I asked recommendations for a very good place to eat near Trento.

As other guests pointed out, there are very few dishes to choose from. I tried marinated persico (which was very well presented and nice to eat), polenta with cheese and local truffle (which was nice but not so special) and ginger semifreddo (which was nice but served in a very anonymous way, just two half slices on top of each other).

I think what left me puzzled the most is service. The waiter that took our order started kind of nice but turned less and less welcoming. I was surprised to receive very few explanations of what we were served, since they seem to place a lot of attention to food quality and origin. I personally enjoyed the location, though others found it stuffy. Wine was very good.

I have been wondering whether the decreasing kindness was because they wanted to close shop. We did indeed "start late" (we arrived at 13:30) but the lunch stretching long was not our fault, rather a consequence of the wide spaces between one serve and the next (which I thought was a style choice related to attention to food or something like this. Not sure though, in light of how the lunch evolved).

So overall OK (which is not enough, I think, given that its not inexpensive). I woulnd't repeat.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Beautiful food with fresh ingredients and great service. Feels like you are in a castle but a nice warm one with lovely art