See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 October 2017

This is a very nice hotel in a quiet spot. Very friendly staff / management. Room was good, confortable and clean. Restaurant excellent. The countryside is lovely. Can't fault anything. Will stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RochesterBluebird
Hotel F, Responsabile reception at Filippone Hotel & Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you very much for your words, we're glad that you've appreciated our hotel and our restaurant. We're working every day to improve and to assure that our guests are always satisfied, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I've stayed at this place several times and always go back because of the level of service. The hotel is nice, the rooms are nice, the location is a bit out of the way, but well worth it. The owner/manager is involved in litterally EVERY facet of this operation. You can tell he takes his business and reputation seriously. The food is amazing, the wine selection is great. You will never feel out of place here nor want to attention from the staff. They bend over backwards for you and go the extra mile to make sure you are pampered. If you have a whim, mention it and they'll take care of it. They took the time helping with work permits for me, made arrangements at a stables for me to ride, and even arranged for a boar hunt. Nothing is out of reach at this place. They even arranged a few weekend trips (at other hotels!) for me while my wife came to visit. Thats above and beyond.

Room tip: I don't know that there is a bad room in the place, but I do know that you will not want for pampering here.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank charlesd503
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

What an amazing hotel and restaurant. Stayedq here numerous times on business and cannot fault the place. Franco the owner is a super host and a genuinely great guy. Franco personally makes sure you are happy both hotel side and restaurant side. The food is amazing and his local wine list is spectacular. As you can see I li ke this place a lot, I must take my wife to Filippone to show perfect Italian hospitality. Photo is an evening sunset taken from the hotel

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Ge0rge1968
Reviewed 25 November 2015

The owner is unique and the hotel is just like him. He is responsible for anything, from checking in and out, to making coffee and taking orders for the hotel restaurant. He is just perfect at everything! And don't hesitate to ask anything, he is always willing to help.

The hotel is not new, but it's not old at all. They also had some renovation going on during our stay. The rooms are spotlessly clean, spacious and airconditioned. The balcony doors frames are new and effective, and the walls are sound-proof, so the rooms are really quiet. The bathroom is also quite spacious and we always had hot water. Free wifi access everywhere in the hotel is also available.

Don't miss the hotel restaurant, they serve really nice and authentic Italian food. We had delicious truffle dishes nearly every night, with really reasonable prices.

I will definitely stay there again!

P.S. You definitely need a car, the hotel is located near a small village, in the SW borders of a dried lake in the middle of the Appenines!

Room tip: Ask for a mountain view room (east side of the hotel)
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank geog81
Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

I love this hotel, this place. The management and their waitstaff are wonderful. We filled the place, demanding much attention, and they handled it with gentle style, always a wonderful dinner, always a kind conversation while attending to business. Perfect marriage of tradition and comfort. Lots of ways to walk out in the morning, and diverse sights and smells on hikes in the surrounding hills. Most enjoyable.

Date of stay: April 2015