“Lunch, absolute hit & sometimes miss”

Ristorante Lido '84
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Restaurant is located in beautifull location, right on the lake with amazing views. Parking is very limited.
We had a reservation and even so we did not get a best table, still atmosphere was quite nice and we could see lake.
Decor
Even so restaurant has a nice view, some colour choices on the walls are questionable. To me it needs to be repainted and a bit of extra cleaning would not harm. Big disappointment was lack of table cloth on the table, even so some tables were set. Comment from the host was that its currently in trend. If indeed its the case i do not understand why trend applies only to some tables...its unpleasant to sit without tablecloth and table looks bland, as well as actually w/o white colour food does not look that good.
We have tried nearly every dish on the menu. Some we absolutely loved, found creative or with perfect execution were: octopus in coconut sauce, parsley pasta and passion fruit sufle. Parsley oasta sounds like easy dish but taste is unspeakable, loved it. Its salutation to 1 great ingredient.
Starter smoked fish in honey was a bit of disappointment. I'm from the country where smoked fish is probably number one speciality, so im hard to please. In this dish fish was very dry, fool of flavour, but not enjoyable. Pasta dish with claims, i understand its cooked in natural juices, but its too salty on a boarder that you almost will not be able to eat. I got the idea, but it does not work. Main dishes tuna and eel, not a star dishes. Tuna was ok, just nothing exciting. Eel again i know that fish very well, and it actually at it best when cooked in cold smoke. Other options it does not melt extra fat and looses in flavour.
Desert we ordered was amazing. Passion fruit soufle was melting...brilliant, perfectly executed...all other desert tastibg, was interesting concept...not sure if it adds so to overall experience.
I would definitely come back once new menu will be in and will request table to be set.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank FamilyOf2PlusOne

Reviewed 27 September 2018

Although it took place in an idyllic space (although somewhat kitschy), just above Lake Garda, our dinner at Lido 84 did not go there very well.
I admit that, in order to have a more accurate notion of the mastery of chef Riccardo Camanini, it would have been necessary to opt for a tasting menu. That was not the case, and we were poorly served.
The main problem that affected our dishes was the excess of salt, especially evident in the linguine with clams. The salt was less noticeable on the smoked lake eel, but I must confess that I was not impressed by the taste of the fish, which was too greasy in texture.
The desserts might have outweighed our previous dishes, but the truth is that they were far from attractive, especially a very thin chocolate mousse topped by a 16-year-old Lagavulin whisky cream, with a very strong smoke flavour.
Despite the negative experience, I want to believe that the Lido 84 is worthy of a new opportunity; but then we have to choose a more comprehensive menu.

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

We spent our first wedding anniversary there on 24th September. I booked a couple of weeks in advance and Ilaria was very attentive to all our requests.
The location is really nice and I am sure it will be fantastic for lunch as well. We took the 7 course set menu (the surprise one). I was mightly impressed only by one of the starters-the risotto with fermented garlic. The main dish, the beef bavette, was also amazing-served with mashed potatoes (1:1 potatos and butter-thousands of calories but soo tasty)! The cherry on the cake were the desserts and you would rarely hear me say that as I dont have the sweet tooth. All in all a great experience!

Reviewed 20 September 2018

We went here for our 30th wedding anniversary.the food,drink and service were absolutely superb.great setting right on the lake.thankyou ricciardo & giancarlo.
Stuart newton

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Highly recommended particularly for couples

Food: 5/5 great food from classics to gourmet

Service: 5/5 efficient and of good quality

Location: 5/5 truly impressive location. On the lake within a park

Price: 4/5 we took the degustation menu for 85€ with the addition of wine paring for other 25€. Clearly not cheap but overall fair considering the 8 servings included in the menu and the stunning location