All reviews next year cycling gear grazie mille nice bar would highly recommend this hotel feel welcome elvis bianchi roberto
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with the GBR team and can honestly say that this an excellent hotel. All members of staff are both helpful and friendly and also patient enough to put up with my poor Italian language skills. Breakfast was excellent and although due to training we were unable to have an evening meal every night, when we did it was good. Decent size pool but the fitness room is very small and s really only god for cardio. The room was nice with a good view but the mattress was a little uncomfortable, however this is just a minor gripe as I would highly recommend this hotel. It is about 200 metres from the town centre and there quiet in the evening which is nice.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
AlexanderHtl, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Thank you so much.
We are happy to know that you have spent some good days with us.
We are sorry for the mattress, if we knew that we will have find a solution.

We thank you again for the reccomandation and we hope to see you soon!

Best regards from all the Alexander Team!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This is a great family hotel. The staff is friendly and attentive, the room spacious and clean. The beach is within 5 min walking distance.
Food was fantastic: lots of seafood, fresh buffet for lunch and dinner and good choice at breakfast. Nice bar for pre/after dinner.
I came for a week of cycling, the package included a very well maintained Bianchi bike and guided tours with a dedicated and motivated tour guide. Also included: washing service for my cycling gear, perfect! Massage can be booked as well which was very good.
All in all, I would like to recommend this place, thank you very much to Cynthia, Camilla, Elvis, Fabrizio ... you made me feel welcome, I'll be back!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
AlexanderHtl, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Thank you so much Miss Lisa!!!
We are very happy to know that you have spend a nice bike Holiday with us!
We wish you a super Summer and we hopr to see you soon!!!

A big Arrivederci from all the Alexander Bike Team!

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Excellent restaurant with superb service and tasty food for all meals. Good location about 100 meter from the beach. Great view. Good location for day trips to San Marino, San Leo, Gradara and Pesaro.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
AlexanderHtl, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Thank you so much.
We are happy to know that we have offered you a nice Holiday in Gabicce Mare.
We wish you to spend a nice Summer with your family and friends and we hope to see you soon.

Best regards,

Hotel Alexander
Your home by the sea

Reviewed 12 October 2016

two friends and I went for about 10 days. It was sensational. we went in late september. Most of the beach front hotels had closed for the season but the weather was still perfect (70's to 80's everyday; no rain) Roberto (owner) and his wife and daughter are the most gracious hosts. They went out of their way to anticipate your needs and fill them. The rental bikes were way more than adequate (bianchi, carbon fiber, with 105 in perfect shape; and fit well). the ride guides were also the best. Jacopo was a lovely guy. I ended up riding with just him on two days and it was heaven. All the rides started from the hotel and went up into the hills, ending in another marvelous, picturesque hill top walled town from hundreds of years ago. The climbs were great: typically 10K of two lane winding roads, little traffic, views to die for, 3 to 6% elevation, just lovely. And at the end when I got the bill I was expecting all kinds of added charges. There were none!! It was the least expensive European bike trip and one of the best I've ever taken. We are definitely going back as soon as we can arrange it. These are great folk, who do a great job, insuring that you will have a wonderful time. I'm in the process of trying to convince my wife that we should sell our house in Beverly Hills and move to the Hotel Alexander as our new permanent home !!! (just kidding; my wife would kill me!)

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
AlexanderHtl, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

Mr Benn!!!!

We are happy to know that you loved your Holiday in Gabicce!
We thank you for the nice time spent together, it was great!
We are honoured to know that you think at hotel Alexander as your home!!!
We would be so happy to meet your wife too!!!

A big hug from all the Alexander team!!!

See you soon!!!

Reviewed 9 October 2016

A relaxing environment in a first-rate hotel. Every staff member went beyond what was required to provide a comfortable, enjoyable stay. We ate really well - the quality of the food and service were both excellent. Our room was comfortable and quiet. There are several areas of communal space. There is a new swimming pool and poolside area which is really lovely and long enough to swim in.

We travelled in October when Gabbice Mare felt very "out of season" with many restaurants closed and the beach deserted, which suited us really well, but might be a consideration for other travellers.

Best of all was our experience of cycling: we were introduced to amazing Bianchi bikes for the week, the guides took us on a range of interesting and scenic rides, with groups of different speeds, and to some terrific destinations. Our favourite trip was our visit to see the Fosse cheese, which we would never have done independently.

Our holiday completely exceeded our expectations: from booking over the internet with Eleonora's help to Roberto giving us a lift in his car and helping us pick up the right train: thank you Alexander Hotel!

Room Tip: Our room on the second floor was quiet with a sea view but internet was patchy.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much!

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your holiday with us!
We thank you again for being our guest and wish you a happy year with your friends and family.
Hoping to see you soon again !!!!

Our best regards!