“A terrific restaurant in a nice setting”

Osteria del Sorriso
Ranked #6 of 60 Restaurants in Gabicce Mare
Price range: US$28 - US$51
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: In the splendid setting of Gabicce Monte, in a romantic terrace overlooking the Adriatic coast, was born the Osteria del Sorriso. A place where good food, typical and not only, will satisfy even the most discerning palate. Carefully selected suppliers, the search of the finest local and mainly km 0, are the elements that characterize our dishes.
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Ate here a couple of times during my recent visit. In a wonderful setting sitting outside along the inlet this is a very fine restaurant with a great atmosphere. Food was very good. The Fritto misto and the spaghetti vongole were the best in town. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the free iced lemoncello served at the end of the meal was a very nice touch. Very good value and very much recommend.

1  Thank 1879fulham

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch and had the best meal of our stay in Gabice mare. I had the seabass which melted in the mouth, really sweet and fresh. My daughters mussels were fantastic and my wife's porcini mushroom pasta was superb.
The owner went out his way to translate the menu and was very patient with out basic italian. A few nice glasses of the local wine with a table on the harbour front made for a lovely lunch.
We have just booked up for dinner and cannot recommend highly enough.
Five stars easy.

Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

We stopped into this restaurant because it was the only place open in town and we needed to use the phone. The two gentlemen running the restaurant were so kind we decided to sit down and have lunch.

The menu looked so appetizing we ended up having a full three course meal. Fresh mussels in white wine sauce to start. Hands down some of the most fresh and delicious mussels I've ever had. I had prawns for my main and my wife had the rabbit ragu with handmade pasta. We practically licked the plates clean they were so good. Afterwards we sipped perfectly balanced macchiatos with meringues and tarts. If you're close by you have to eat here.

Throughout the meal the waiter was very attentive and made us feel so welcome. Even though it was lunch it felt like a special anniversary dinner.

1  Thank Shane L
Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

We stopped for supper on Oct 5th 2015. It was a quiet evening and we were the only couple there! The food was awesome and the service was friendly, welcoming and warm.
We shared a starter. Then, I had rabbit and my wife had pasta with pesto with a superb wine!
Definitely Recommend!!!

1  Thank birgille
Reviewed 4 August 2015

Great food, broad menu, friendly staff...busy busy, need to book in advance
Central location with memorable views
Flexible menu for kids