“Amazing Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Don't let the quaint, understated environs fool you; many of us visit Italy for the food, and the food at this small restaurant is what great Italian food is all about. It was perfect; the pasta and especially the beef with mushrooms was excellent. The staff were very polite and welcoming. Make sure you eat here.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Now I know Tuesdays are not renowned for being the night to go out and have fun in most cities , but does the population of Ferrara even know Tuesdays exist? Or have they removed Tuesdays from their week and just have an extra long Monday, as we know, nobody goes out on a Monday so what the hell, Tuesday is just the day after Monday so let's just kill it.

I was already in a rather sombre mood, the damp darkness from the station to the restaurant not helping to allieve my spirits. Well I thought, at least I will be picked up by a nice fun atmosphere and good food.. Well, the food WAS good. It was simple fare served by a simple waiter with a not so simple lisp. I asked my simple friend what he could recommend and every diah that began with an 's' sounded vaguely similar. So I opted for some with a 't' in it as I thought I couldn't go wrong there. And I didnt. I had Tagliata with parmesan and rucola. I asked for it rare and rare it came. Simple wholesome food served by a simple wholesome waiter. For dessert I dove into a mascarpone mouse which was delicious. I was offered Tiramisù but said with a lisp, it sounded like that clear Japanese soup you get - Tira-Misu soup.

Meanwhile nobody else had ventured into the restaurant. For a moment I swear I saw a man standing at the bar. Inwas wrong. It was a mannequin for the next door shop that somebody had left propped up against the bar while they parked their car. The music playing was from Walt Disney's Aristocats... weird but... Ok. Cant get much wierder than a dark Tuesday evening in March eating in an empty restaurant in Ferrara, with a plastic mannequin propped up against the bar, being served by a waiter with a lisp.

But heh folks, 10/10 for the food. But please consider putting mirrors on the wall for Tuesday nights so I have someone to talk to. Or just do like the others and cancel Tuesdays from your calendar.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

small and cosy, though kind of upper class crowd. Tasty local food, hearthy and for the north kind of generous portions. Definitely recomend to book in advance, though they will try to squeez you in. Try the lasagna, the pumpkin filled cappelletti are a nice local dish.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

It was very pleasure to eat here. So delicious. I will suggest for every people. Las mejor comida en Ferrara. Seguro que regresarè seguro. Me encanta.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We searched for an hour on Expedia. The higher rating restaurants, looking at reviews, each restaurants food, price and etc.

This place is just perfect. Restaurant may be small and open area, but rustic with homemade family kitchen food. Zucchini flowers were awesome, mixed garden salad fresh, Tortellaci in ragu were awesome, and veal in white wine sauce succulent. Intimate service and atmosphere. We will be back next time we are in Ferrara!
Food is at an excellent price and lower in cost that higher rated and priced restaurants! Book in advance to get your reservation! This place takes your call unlike others!