“Absolutely incredible”

Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Ate here on our first night in Ferrara, and now I worry that nothing else will live up to the experience. Absolutely phenomenal food, Chef Giovanni guided us through the menu (very little English spoken by the staff; no English menu) and made some great recommendations that were fantastic (porcosaurus was amazing and HUGE!), the wine pairing was excellent, and the desserts....incredible. The cheese cake is like nothing you’ll ever have, and we may have it every night we are here. Just an incredible experience and one we will treasure in all of our travels across Europe.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

The chef was friendly and recommended us food as we didn’t understand Italian. He recommended the pasta with pumpkin and the ravioli with meat inside in truffle mushroom sauce. The food was heavenly. The staff were friendly and nice as well. Summed up the evening with a chocolate cake recommended by the staff and it did not disappoint.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

First of all, the chef was just a lovely man. He took the time to explain my options to me as a vegetarian (in English), then I had the pleasure of being able to watch him cook (see my picture).

I was given a lovely vegetable tart free to start, then pumpkin cappelacci with parmesan, candied orange and toasted sesame seeds (other picture) followed by tagliatelle with mushrooms.

Everything was delicious, plus they didn't charge me for a very large glass of limoncello to finish (plus the tart to begin) and the wine was dirt cheap considering the quality. I left a €10 tip but it still didn't seem enough.

1  Thank Haj182
Reviewed 22 October 2017

We had a great time at this convivial restaurant and conversing with its friendly, interesting Chef Giovanni Maria Ragazzi. Portions are huge, so don't over-order as we did! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

This restaurant is not very big but very popular so advice to reserve for dinner. The food was very tasteful and the dishes we ordered correctly prepared with a great cuisson of the steak. The portions are really plentiful and actually more than the average visitor will eat. All reasonably priced and a homemade free grappa to conclude. A place to return to.