All reviews fine dining restaurant limited number of rooms michelin guide booked a deluxe double room wood beams nice walking parts of the world hotel restaurant relax room perfect hotel swimming pool star hotel low season views of the mountains shoulder season high level private terrace
Reviewed 1 October 2018

We had a great time in Cortina at the Rosapetra Spa Resort. The hotel is situated right outside of town, with a nice walking/bike path behind the hotel and lovely views from the back patios. Parking is free, which was a huge plus for us since the other 5 star hotel we were looking at did not offer free parking. The hotel itself is quite unique, and the biggest draw is definitely their beautiful heated pool and spa facilities. However, if you're not super into the spa, I may say that you have a better value elsewhere as the spa was what really made our stay.

The room itself, as many other reviewers has stated, was pretty disappointing. NO view, I mean NONE. A tiny little paned window directly under the roof, so you literally had to crane your neck to see out of it. That was disappointing to me, as there's really no reason that the hotel shouldn't just add larger windows or even balconies to those rooms. The rooms were beautifully decorated, dark with lots of wood, and even nicer bathrooms. But if you're looking for a view, you definitely have to upgrade to one of the rooms with balconies or terraces at the back of the hotel. For the price we paid for a 5 star hotel, I though the deluxe-level rooms should be nicer.

Breakfast every morning was extensive and delicious, with attentive service. We ate at the hotel restaurant twice, once for dinner and once for lunch, and both were very good although proportionately priced. All in all, it was a lovely stay, although if given the opportunity I would have upgraded my room.

Room tip: Upgrade your room if you want a view
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a week. The hotel is just out of town so a 10 min walk in. It has a beautiful wellness centre with a lovely large pool, with spa jets, sauna, many different types of scented shower. The staff are helpful, breakfasts are splendid and the bar staff are fun. We would happily return. The hiking and mountain biking in the Dolomites are wonderful. Superb.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2018

The hotel is a new structure, nicely integrated with the surrounding, 2kms away from Cortina, easily reachable also with the nearby bicycle path.
We appreciated the design of the interiors, all in wood, extremely relaxing.
Unfortunately the first impression about the room (a deluxe one) was not so positive, it looked quite small, even if it looked as in the website. I asked to have a look at other rooms and the lady at the reception very kindly showed me other types of rooms. We agreed that the room I was offered was defintely the best choice. Nevertheless, I believe that for a 5-star hotel the size of a deluxe room should be bigger.
Said that, the room was comfortable, quiet, with a spacious bathroom with shower, with relaxing interiors, and a balcony with a stunning view on the Tofane and the Croda da Lago.
The spa was very good and well equipped beyond the tradional sauna, Turkish bath and relax room. The relax room, with a view to the mountains, is definitely a plus.
We also took decongest massages, which we appreciated a lot.
All the other services (car garage, bike rent for free) were ok.
Finally, the restaurant was perfect: not only we had breakfast everyday, enjoying the quality of pastries, fruit, cereals, yogurt (simply superb) with a view to the Tofane, but we had also perfect dinners two evenings (I wrote a specific review about it).
The personnel has been kind, helpful and professional in all the circumstances (I interacted with 4 different employees at the reception desk during my stay).
Overall, we had a very good stay. It's just a pity for the size of the room, which makes me give a 4star rating instead of 5, but I'm definitely thinking of going back there again and I recommend it as well.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Last month (July 2018) we traveled to Cortina D'Ampezzo with friends who'd stayed at the Rosapetra before and wanted to return. Now I understand why: the service, the environment, the dining and the spa were all world-class. Our dinner at the hotel was one of the most memorable of our trip and the breakfasts will keep you in good hiking condition all day! The Rosapetra Spa Resort makes it easy to rest, relax and enjoy the best of what Cortina offers!

Room tip: They have doors at the end of each hallway to buffer the sounds of early risers or night owls in the lobby or corridor!
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2018

If it were not for the location and beauty of the hotel, this would only earn 3 stars from me. This hotel is very convenient and nice, the rooms and views are beautiful. However, our experience staying here for 5 nights was not great. We lost electricity on 3 separate occasions. When we called down to the reception for help the first time, no one came and my dad went downstairs to get someone to come up and help us. He simply turned on the power switch and everything was fine, except that our room keys no longer worked. The second time, it was very late at night and I called to ask for help. Again, no one came, and I called again and told them not to send anyone becuase we were going to sleep and 30minutes later someone knocked on my door anyways. He seemed like he had fixed the problem but when we woke up the next morning, there was no power AGAIN. So not only did they ignore our requests for help, but they didn't fix the problem, and ignored when I asked them not to come up any more. Their staff did not speak english very well so every request had to be made multiple times. This was a frustrating experience and I am sure there are better hotels in the area to stay in. I would not recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2018