Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews free shuttle working farm style hotel fluent in english restaurant on premises long flight cruise port night stay overlooking the sea ranch ship rome europe euros
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 November 2019

Beautiful bucolic location on working ranch overlooking the harbor. First rate restaurant on premises and most cheerful and helpful staff.
Unless you catch shuttle, it is at least 20 euros to go anywhere off the premises.
Great place for night's stay before or after a cruise.

Date of stay: October 2019
Tenuta2018, Responsabile reception at Tenuta dell'Argento Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2019

Good morning,

Thank you for your review, it is always a pleasure.
I hope you will come back to us for the next time.

Have a good day,
The staff of Tenuta dell'Argento

Reviewed 9 November 2019

Very disappointed in this hotel for several reasons. 1. There was no potable water in the hotel room. 2. The facility was somewhat run down. 3. I booked using Bookings.com and paid for the reservation. When I checked out, the hotel insisted that I had not paid and I was forced to pay again. Later, I found the proof that I had paid (twice) and the hotel promised to issue a credit. I still have not received any credit after two months of waiting.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 4 November 2019

We stayed here recently for a night before leaving on a cruise because we didn't want the hassle of staying in Rome and then getting to the ship the next day. I picked this place based on reviews I read here. I agree with most of what has been said - out of the way, "rustic", staff is friendly and helpful, restaurant is decent, nice views, clean rooms. You are kind of trapped when staying here unless you have a car, it is about 10 minutes from the port town. They do offer a free shuttle to your ship. Continental breakfast is included. Since we were there at the end of the season, the" resort" itself was very quiet and the facilities, including the pool weren't in use- in fact, there were dead mice floating in the pool. But if all you need is a place to rest after a long flight before getting on your ship, it's a serviceable option.

1  Thank tampatravelerby2

Good morning,

We want to thank you for your kind words, it was a pleasure having you as our guests.
We always try to do our best to make our guests stay as comfortable as possible.
We also apologize for the incovenients mentioned, we are making some changes so that these kind of things will not happen again.

Nevertheless, we hope to see you soon in our hotel for a better experience.
Tenuta dell'Argento Staff

Reviewed 3 November 2019 via mobile

Very scenic country ranch style hotel on too of a coastal hill near Rome. Horses and fields and trees, and roads for walking. Pool. Room was very clean and had two beds—not always easy to find in Europe. Great restaurant on site, but it didn’t open for dinner until 8! Closed for lunch at 3, which was just before we arrived.

Staff was helpful and fluent in English. Taxi fees from Civitavecchia about 40€. Shuttle to cruise port. I’d stay again, maybe bring a flyswatter, since I don’t come with a built-in one like the horses.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Peggy S

Good morning,

Thank you for your review, it is always a pleasure.
I hope you will come back to us for the next time.

Have a good day,
The staff of Tenuta dell'Argento

Reviewed 20 October 2019 via mobile

I didn’t want a corporate pre cruise hotel as we like quirky hotels but boy did I wish I had chosen one. The view from T del A is amazing and that is literally the only good thing I can say about this place.
Check in was ok, we were shown to our room. One chocolate on the bed was a puzzle. There were 2 of us? Were we supposed to share it? It was a large room but very warm inside and too many air fresheners trying to disguise the smokers smell.
The bath tub was a complete mystery. Many buttons resulted in fairly warm water most of which leaked over the floor once we used the shower in the tub, we used all the towels to mop up water. Once in the room we realised we were directly above the restaurant as for an hour chairs were scraped on the stone floor below us as we tried to relax and have a drink before dinner, testing my last nerve.
We had a reservation for dinner and this is where our experience got significantly worse. We arrived and were pointed across the room to our table by a young woman dismissively. As we sat down at our table other tables of Italians arrived and all were greeted like long lost friends and shown personally to their tables whilst we were treated with contempt and annoyance.
Menus were thrust at us whilst locals were treated like royalty and soon food was arriving at their tables whilst we looked into space. A surly young man took our order. We asked what the steak cut was on the menu described as steak... Its meat was his reply, yes we know that but what kind? Beef was his reply, we wanted to know what €35 was buying. He was unable to tell so we ordered as we were hungry, we also ordered 2 pastas to share and asked for it all at the same time. My husband had wine that was a really short measure poured from the dregs of a bottle.
10-15 mins later the 2 pasta dishes arrived, both in very cold bowls and we were brought 2 very cold plates. We then waited for the steak which didn’t arrive until we had nearly finished our pasta. When the steak did arrive on a sizzling plate a very rude young woman threw it on our table announced ‘Steak’ and left, so rude. It was over cooked and chopped into tiny pieces, not a juicy rested steak I had anticipated.
No-one during the entire (cold) meal returned to our table to see if we wanted anything or to check on the meal. In between times we could see all 8 members of staff laughing and joking with other tables and stopping to chat. No condiments were full so I took salt and oil from another table. The steak we had was the worst I ever had in my life, fatty, greasy, sinew and gristle, just horrible. Almost 50% of it remained in lumps on my plate, disgusting. Still no-one checked on us to see if we wanted dessert or coffee so after 20 minutes we left.
Our room remained too warm and the noise as were above the restaurant was terrible. At 11pm we went to see if we could change rooms as the noise was so loud from the full restaurant we couldn’t sleep. Reception was closed for the night. No-one around. At 1pm it finally stopped and we could sleep.
The room was old, tired and plaster peeling off the walls, on the outside the structure looked unstable, there was even a rat chewing at the roofing! Next day we had cold coffee ( you would think Italians could make good coffee) and a very meagre continental breakfast . Not good at all. The whole thing left me longing to leave this place never to return. Miserable staff, really sad building and cold food, avoid if you can . I could have forgiven the sad old building but I hate rude biased staff and therefor the one star.

Sent from my iPhone

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lobsterlover99
Tenuta2018, Responsabile reception at Tenuta dell'Argento Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2019

Good afternoon,

It is not a pleasure receive a review but not knowing from whom, especially if you made a reservation from booking.
I think that the most important things when you have a trip is that you need to tell the inconvienience, cause the staff could help you.

The reception close at 10 pm, but we have night service also, calling the hotel number (that you could also call from your room).
You are the first person that tell something like that about our restaurant. Someone tell us that has not eaten well, but telling us who them are.

The breakfast is full of food. You could find croissant, cake, fruit juice, water, tea, milk, yoghurt, ham, cheese, bread, eggs, coffee, rusks, biscuits, jam, cereals and all that you could need. The best thing you could have done, was to tell us all the inconvenience.

I hope you will come back to us to have a new and better experience.

The staff