Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
US$202
US$159
View deal
Travelocity
eDreamsUS$202
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 January 2021

We had an amazing time! I would like to thank the hotel crew for their hospitality. New Year’s Eve dinner was absolutely amazing, with compliance and respect of all anti covid rules.
We were given a big room with huge terrace and big TV. Mister Elly ( responsible for dining affairs) was very attentive to the customer’s needs.Location is really nice with the view of the Riva di Traiano Port. We definitely will be back again with our friends.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2020

I stayed 1 night at this hotel on Jan 3. My late feedback is caused by being on a world cruise returning back home just now.

I regard myself as a seasoned traveler with good experiences in hotel accommodations. This place is claimed to be 4-star hotel. In my book probably between 2-3. I booked the place through Agoda and paid by card beforehand.

I have serious problems understanding how the Mercure chain is willing to compromise its brand name by letting this place franchising at all. I appreciate my arrival in low season, but if they decide to stay open, they should keep some standards.

My room had the air conditioning turned off – ie no heating. The door to the balcony could not close properly. People from outside could easily get access. The bathroom was tired and old fashioned with a strange electrical switch arrangement. Everything in the room told me of a seriously long period of neglect and lack of maintenance. It was a surreal experience – the room had a room safe. The key was attached to the room key!!! So if I by accident lost my room key, not only could people enter my room, they could open the room safe as well! To me, it says it all! On top of it all, the room was mosquito-infested – something I experienced the following morning. Bites all over my upper body!

I tested the bar – they did not have local beers – just Heineken. There are no places to drink or eat in the neighborhood (!), so you are more or less stuck at the hotel. I therefore settled for dinner at the hotel. Half of the dishes on the menu were not available, and none of the wines! The waiter recommended a wine not on the list and he returned with an open bottle with a red-wine stained label. Clearly a bottle of wine filled from a carton in the kitchen. Disastrous.....and expensive – 48 euros for a main course and 'wine'.

Check-out was an extremely unpleasant experience as well. As mentioned, I had already paid for the room. This did not prevent the desk-clerk to try to charge me twice!

Anything at all being of some level of satisfaction? Yes, the breakfast – 5 euro – was totally acceptable.

Overall conclusion. Do not stay there – at least not in the winter season. This is NOT a 4 star – and consequently highly overpriced.

Room tip: Do not use the room safe.
Date of stay: April 2020
Reviewed 11 December 2019 via mobile

Hotel stuck in the 70s as is the bed. Dirty dingy bathroom. The only thing about the hotel worth mentioning is the view of the water. Breakfast awful- dry scrambled eggs, dry pastries, no one clearing the tables. No english tv. No tea/ coffee making facilities in the room. No proper locks- security on the door to the room. No lock in the fires to the balcony. Room furniture old and cupboard door and wardrobe doors dropped- not opening properly. Shame on Mercure rating this as 4 star!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Carolyn P
Reviewed 11 November 2019 via mobile

Situated a short taxi ride from the Civvechia cruise terminal this clean but basic accommodation has not much more than that going for it. Francesco the man on reception was surly and unhelpful and the internet could not even refresh my inbox let alone load a page from the internet.
The service in the Resteraunt was poor and , slow and my veal was gristly and undercooked. I had to ask three times for the potatoes that where meant to accompany my meal. The pasta was very good but slightly over salted .
The room is basic and cold and there was only one available PowerPoint to charge devices. The meal experience was further soured by additional menu items that we did not order so I advise carefully checking your bill before leaving the restaurant rather than charging to the room and paying at checkout.
The curtain and block out curtain in the bedroom where slightly too short making for an unnecessarily early morning wake up as the sunlight began to shine in
Whilst the cleanliness of the hotel was ok overall it was a pretty disappointing experience . The breakfast was great and included coffee juice and ample choices

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2019

We stayed here overnight between two cruises. We arrived about 9.30 am and did not expect our room to ready until the afternoon, so were pleasantly surprised to find that after we had a coffee our room was ready. Our room was a good size with everything we needed and a balcony with a sea view. The hotel has the atmosphere of an Italian country house. Breakfast was very nice with a good variety of food. The staff were pleasant and helpful.

Date of stay: October 2019