All reviews relaxing place rooms are beautiful swimming pool junior suite spa business kilometers
Reviewed 6 August 2015

I was expecting so much more from here. It was 30+ Celsius and yet the pool wasn't open. It looked liked it wanted to be this amazing new and trendy hotel (unfortunately I think we stayed in the place it was trying to be in France) and didn't quite get it. HOWEVER, the staff were super nice, it was clean and the breakfast was good. You really would have no idea you were in the middle of a town.

Stayed: June 2015
Turrina, Direttore at Santellone Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Il Santellone Resort as location for your holiday.

We are grateful for your positive comments about our Staff, especially because our first interest is to fully satisfy our guests' desires. We are sorry that you had not the chance to take full advantage of our services.

For this reason, we hope to welcoming you again in the future.

Our Warmest Regards

Managing Director

Reviewed 1 March 2015

A lovely historic building with a great spa and wellness centre attached. The room was spacious and clean and extremely quiet. Breakfast was delicious with plenty of choice including homemade jams and local produce.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2014

This might be the best place to stay at in Brescia, even if not central. This old renovated countryside property has all amenities one can imagine, rooms are luxuous and service is of great class. I enjoyed a duplex room with entrance, sofa, desk and balcony at the second floor while bath and sleeping room were down at the first floor... Very nice, clean and well equipped.

Room Tip: Ask for duplex rooms, they are great !
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2014

Our family stayed here for the last part of our vacation in Italy. While a few in the bunch were hesitant to visit Brescia, Il Santellone Resort was the highlight of our time together, (research is advised beforehand to ensure you are taking advantage of all there is outside of the city--fantastic wineries/restaurants).

It must be noted that we arrived in the evening therefore the sign directing us to the entrance was dim. We drove past a few times before recognizing that it was the correct place.
We were greeted by Michaela (a great host-- very sweet and welcoming). She made dinner reservations for us at a near by family style restaurant. We learned afterwards that the restaurant within the Resort is not currently in operation--hope they find someone to head it as its a gem.
We all took advantage of the spa using each room (Turkish bath, Roman bath, sauna and pool).
The property itself is beautiful and has other historical buildings within its courtyard.
Wish we stayed longer.
Hope to visit again soon!

Room Tip: Ask for one that faces the courtyard--the view is very pretty.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mildjourney
Reviewed 12 November 2014

The Il Santellone Resort and Spa is a lovely property with a beautiful and peaceful setting. From the moment you walk in you will feel it. The superior rooms are quite nice and above average from what you expect to find in Italy, the junior suites are a little tired and need a facelift ( I started in one and switched over to the superior). The resort is a 15 Euros cab ride to anything so if you don't have a car keep this in mind. The staff is excellent and I mean top notch. They are better than a 5 star staff....Makayla and Giorgio are the best (excuse me guys for probably misspelling your names) and I would return to this property just for them. Please keep in mind this is NOT a luxury property and if that is what you are looking for this is not for you. I will happily recommend Il Santellone to everyone I know.

Unfortunately there are 2 large negatives No restaurant and there isn't one you can walk to and 2nd the Spa. The spa is quite nice on 1st glance but when I used it ... another story and a very disappointing one. I actually picked the resort with the intention of using the spa. The overall temperature in the building is TOO cold and I am not usually cold. The stall is completely inexperienced and it shows on ever level. I had a massage with a girl who obviously never had any formal training and I am sure if she did she must have failed. This spa is for people who have never been to a real one. From beginning to end it was mistake after mistake on their part and no attempt to correct the experience. If your intentions are to use this facility DON'T

Room Tip: Book the superior facing the garden on the second floor.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business