“A great disappointment”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 January 2018

My family and I have enjoyed many visits to Chica Loca, but the sad fact is that as a widow, I find that I am invisible to the staff at the Chica Loca, even though they know and recognise me. I have given it fair treatment, going three times before I ended up telling them that it was not good business to allow a customer enough time to read a whole newspaper without ever asking what they might want to eat or drink. I even went and ordered myself a coffee which never came. What a pity. The manager was flabbergasted, he said. I was in full view of his position at the bar, and so I think he needs to address this problem.

1  Thank dalmunzie

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped here on a visit to Bordighera at lunchtime. The restaurant looked welcoming from the outside and we were offered a table under the canopy or inside overlooking the sea. We opted for a sea view and were not disappointed. The views are beautiful and far reaching. The menu was varied but not overwhelming, with a good choice of fresh seafood, pastas and traditional Italian dishes. We ordered fresh fish, Moules-frites (which also included lots of delicious clams) and Veal Milanese. All delicious and perfectly cooked. The kitchen happily prepared a children's portion of pasta for our young daughter. The portions were very generous - so much so that we couldn't manage dessert! Staff were friendly and attentive. A lovely restaurant, serving delicious food overlooking the sea.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

The Chica Loca is right on the Mediterranean with glorious views towards Monaco to the west and the Ligurian coast to the east, with the sea an ever changing delight below the windows. The staff are friendly and helpful, the tables are not too close to each other and the food is good, with decent wine available too, and if you only want a coffee, then it is up to the usual high Italian standard. What more could one want?

Reviewed 30 January 2017

The food is fantastic and the staff is very friendly! We always go there when we are in Bordighera. To sit by the big glass windows and eat and watch the waves and colours from the Mediterranian Sea is outstanding!!

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

The Restaurant is situated on the beach
We so enjoyed my wife's birthday lunch
The choices on the menu were vast the food delicious and very good value

The Proseco was so good that I asked where I could buy some locally
The waiter offered me a box of six bottles at cost which I accepted happily
The Restaurant is a family business open 365 days a year
Mother does the cooking father the accounting and the Son wait the tables
If you want genuine Italien home style cooking look no further
Such a warm and friendly family atmosphere This restaurant is a must We will return again and again
To top off the service the waiter (son) insisted on carrying our box of Prosecco all the way to our car
That's a first in service and kindness
The bill for 2 including our Prescott came to 128€