Open today: 09:30 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Pleasant Vespa Drive

Margherita was so wonderful to work with. She quickly understood what we were looking for and... read more

Reviewed 1 September 2018
jwilliams9598
Utica, New York
via mobile
What a fun experience!

We visited Alba by train from Torino and pre-booked the Truffle Hunting by Segway tour. Margherita... read more

Reviewed 16 May 2018
JenMJM
Orlando, FL
via mobile

All reviews segway tour truffle hunting two hours wine tasting barolo and barbaresco margherita dog vineyards ferrero town vespa producers piazza
Reviewed 14 November 2016

We booked the Segway tour in advance and went with our 14 year old son. It was great-we had a tour of Alba through the markets and seeing the key sights and then up into the hills round Alba through the vineyards with views of the leaves changing colour beyond Alba. Definitely do this tour-Margherita was a great guide and we all loved it, including the 14 year old who really enjoyed the Segway.

I asked Margherita if she could arrange for us to go out with a truffle hunter , and a few days later we had the most amazing afternoon with Giovanni and his lovely dog Perla. Just walking through the woods was breathtaking itself, but seeing Giovanni and Perla work together to find truffles and to have him explain how truffles grow and how he finds them was the most memorable part of our holiday. Grazie a tutti!

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank SusanAntrim
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Alba is surrounded by hills of vineyards. Without a car and with weather too hot to hire bikes we took our first Segway tour with the delightful, patient and informative Margherita of Albaway Tours.
The tour is called 'Alba Hills' and is just one of many options listed.
We started with the expected basic instruction on how to use and control the Segway and before we knew it we were slowly making our way through the old town.
Margherita took the time to tell us of the local history during some short stops and she kept a close eye on our progress and local traffic!
As our confidence grew we made our way up the hills - the views were special. We could see snow covered mountains away in the distance and lots of terraced grape vines and fruit and nut trees up close. Tasting a grape or two from the vine was fantastic.
We are pretty cautious travellers but we loved the Segway experience. Margherita was very conscious of risk but she also was great fun and easy to learn from. Would we recommend Albaway Segway tours? Absolutely!

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank AndrewC7713
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

I actually took two Segway tours - one around the city and the other to a winery. Margherita was my guide on both and I felt as if I made a new friend by the end of the second day. The segways were a lot of fun and my guide was so knowledgeable and enjoyable - I hit the jackpot when I chose these tours. I'd recommend them to all.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 23 May 2016

We recently arranged two fantastic activities through Margherita at Albaway Tours. First, we did a walking tour of Alba with Alessandra. She was extremely knowledgeable about the history of Alba and its most important sites. And, she was equally fun to chat with about Piedmont and the surrounding areas. One highlight was a visit to a famous truffle shop where we met the lovely shopkeeper and sampled a variety of truffles and truffle products. We appreciated her insights on the local wines as well. Second, Margherita arranged a cooking lesson that was out of this world. We drove to the charming hilltop village of Treiso and met Gioele, the chef of Trattoria Risorgimento. While his entire family was prepping for Sunday lunch service, we made a wonderful meal including home made pasta, oven roasted trout and a chocolate salami for dessert. We were then served our lunch al fresco on the patio with a delicious bottle of local wine. Perfecto!

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed 12 May 2016

This was the second time doing a tour with Margherita and I'm excited to do another one the next time we visit Alba. Margherita is a true professional and being born in Alba what better way to spend time with someone that truly understands the culture, history, and of course food and wine. This time we did a 3 day tour with Margherita, she built an itinerary that accommodated our desire to really experience in depth the food and wine of the region. We are restaurateurs looking to get a really good understanding and to give us ideas so that we may share our experience and the culture of the region of Piemonte with our guests. How can you go wrong with Barolo, Barbaresco, Arneis. How about the famous white truffle of Alba, porcini mushrooms anyone? How about hazelnuts? This is where the headquarters/factory of the most famous Ferrero Roche comes from. You can smell the roasting of the hazelnuts in the air, and the smell of chocolate too! This place is a food mecha.
One of our days consisted of selecting ingredients at a market in the morning with a famous Chef of the region then later to cook a 3 course meal. One of them being a very traditional dish with rabbit. And it was really delicious. This chef has a lot of heart and passion in what he does.
The people of Piemonte really understand where their food comes from and really respect the farmers, producers and land, and you can really taste it in the food and the wine.
I really have to thank Margherita because she has all the connections with famous Chef's and restaurateurs, wine producers, truffle hunters, and she has a deep knowledge on the history of the region too.
When we originally sought her out for a tour we wanted something really specific that would increase our knowledge, and she came out on top. Thanks Margherita for making our tour so great. I only hope thousands more can discover you before you get too busy ;)

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank verobistro
Margherita A, Proprietario at Albaway, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

I am moved by your review.
I work with passion and I try to please the customer as much as possible.
The tour with you was great also for me because you are like friends.
When you return in Langhe you find me always, don't worry.
A big hug!!