Reviews (1 944)
1 944 results
1 412
1 412
All reviews concordia temple temple view room private access presidential suite small luxury hotel five star hotel direct view stunning location terrace restaurant wonderful hotel perfect view greek temple terrace overlooking main temple lit up at night lovely pool pasta
119 - 124 of 1 944 reviews
Reviewed 13 October 2017

We spent 2 nights in this hotel in a room overlooking the temples on the 2nd floor. I would recommend a higher floor for the best view. I was surprised when I saw the room as I expected a much larger room for the very high price per night. We had a lovely large patio, over looking the Temples. If you like privacy, be aware the bathroom walls are glass. The staff were very nice especially the servers both on the patio and in the restaurant. The access to the ruins was a huge perk, along with the free, ample parking. I would stay there again regardless of the price

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017

There are three particular highlights in order of importance.

First, Laura, the concierge. She made our trip memorable from all perspectives. From arranging a candlelight dinner on our terrace to the flawless transfers between our hotels. You will be in good hands with her.

Secondly, the views of the Temple and Acropolis are breathtaking particularly in the evening, when it is lit up. Also from the restaurant. If u can get a room with an obstructed view that would be special.

Thirdly the location. We were going from Palermo, to Agrigento, to Siracusa, and then Taormina. The hotel has an excellent location and our driver, Fabrizio took very good care of us.

there are other reasons to go from room size to the restaurant facilities.

It is expensive but you should not feel cheated when you leave.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the temple.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol S
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We decided to treat ourselves to a night at this hotel during our holiday in Sicily. Booked one of their expensive rooms (€400 per night) and had a meal in the restaurant which cost €250 for two - so not a cheap night out.
The first impressions were fantastic - beautiful hotel, great staff, our room (room 105) was big enough, really well furnished and had a lovely balcony looking straight across to one of the temples. We had a pre dinner drink on the terrace in the sunshine - everything seemed perfect.
Our dinner started and finished well - exceptional starter and dessert, but my main was a bit disappointing. I had fish which was filleted at the table, and by the time the filleting was done, and the fish placed on my unheated plate, it was pretty much cold. The sauce was still warm and just about rescued the dish, but I just like my food hot.
The biggest problem of our stay though was the lack of sound proofing between our room and the one next door (104). Our neighbours made an early departure, and we heard pretty much every part of their preparations to leave. Noise of the shower, the toilet, things that they dropped on the floor - not at all what I would expect in a hotel of this quality (and price).
I was also a bit surprised that they only had one person on reception as we left, so checking out took quite a while.

In summary- hotel is beautiful, location and views are fantastic, staff are great, but our stay was let down by the soundproofing issue. Avoid rooms 105 and 104!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff R
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We had the suite and our view was staggering. The room was extremely well appointed and very clean. The service was exceptional. The food was delicious. My only compliant was the fruit at breakfast was not ripe- a hotel that is this good should be able to monitor the fruit ripeness!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Lovely views of temples, most especially at dinner on the terrace. Music at dinner a nice treat. Breakfast exceptional. Suite very spacious and comfortable. Many guests from USA at this hotel...one special guest offered to exchange US dollars for Euros for us! So thoughtful! Itenerary didn't permit time to explore lovely grounds, but saw several guests enjoying expansive garden paths. Beautiful property.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple