“Cozy, Peaceful, and Amazing View!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Kimberly...
Houston, Texas, United States
“Cozy, Peaceful, and Amazing View!”
Reviewed 13 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

I was very happy with my stay. The house was quite cozy with an amazing view of the Ocean and continuous with breeze and whistles of the ocean. The owners Mother Gloria was extremely nice and helpful. Always a phone call away. The house was neat and clean with several accommodations. The neighbors as well... Sweet lady in back took out our trash. The sunrise/ sunsets were my fave! The back deck is great for reading, meditation, or just enjoying the breeze and view! Just a 3 min walk to the ocean view very private and serene. Perfect for my morning meditations. They were a few goats next door but they were also friendly.... lol. Not many places in walking distance so we rented a car and short ride into town for fresh groceries ect... (Taxi avail). This is the place for you if you are looking for a peaceful, relaxing, and great value for the price. Also a speedy deposit return!!!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
14 Jan 2016
Kimberly was a guest at Ocean View in December,she was friendly,respectful,clean and fun loving ,it was a pleasure hosting Kimberly,i would recommend Kimberly to any home.THANKS
san d
Houston, Texas
“Peace & Perfection”
Reviewed 6 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed at this wonderfully decorated , clean , spacious property over the Christmas / New years 2015 . What a splendid choice , words cannot do the place justice ! if your looking for a spectacular ocean-view , with all the amenities any human needs - this is your spot !

Travelling group: Friends
hug0011
Toronto, Canada
“very very dissaponted”
Reviewed 13 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

it's the worst experience I ever had with a rental property. As per owner's description you think the property its very well locate it. The reality is that there is no beach 10 minutes walk distance, we never see karaoke bar two minute walk neither the Crane Residential Resort giving you options of European ,Italian ,Japanese or Bajan foods. There is no local vendors or Shops in walking distant. In fact there is nothing except for houses and goats in walking distance. Yes I said Goats, there is a house beside full of goats that are going out early in the morning making a lot of noise. When we arrive we were received by the owner's mom. She was very surprised when we asked for the near beach. she said we will have to take the bus. We looked around and immediately we realized this was not the place it was described. We couldn't stay there, we decided we will find another place in the next morning. we explained the situation to the owner's mom she said will contact Ricardo (the owner) he will call us back. Later that night I decided to call ricardo as I was still waiting for his call. I called several times and sent emails. he never answered (owner not responding to guess not a good sign). I call the mom again she said that she spoke to ricardo and he said he will call me back. she said that she will meet as at noon the next day to pick up the keys. I finally spoke with Ricardo before noon. he said he will give me only half of my money back because he had to pay for cleaning the place. I booked for a week on a Friday to be there on a Monday. I don't think it will cost that much to clean and I didn't occupied his calendar for too long. I pretty sure if we didn't rent it the place will be empty anyways. plus his description about the area was not a cure. however I was on vacations I didn't want to argue so I agreed to accept only half of I paid for the week. Ricardo told me that TripAdvisor hasn't paid him yet so he will wire me the money when I get back to Canada the following week. I got back home I didn't hear back from Ricardo so I tried to contact him by phone and by email several times. I didn't have any answer so I contacted TripAdvisor. they told me the only thing they can do is to send him a message. after that Ricardo emailed me back in a very impolite way. He wrote things like he never said that the beach was on his backyard and that he is not going to give me any money back. I cannot believe how dishonest is this owner. he gave me his word that I will have half of my money back. Nobody can not trust in a person like that. This kind of owner SHOULD NOT be in a website like TripAdvisor.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
28 Sep 2015
To whom it may concern.
It is obvious this guest did not understand what I rote on my description and location.I did not advertise beach front property or five star location. This guest ignored the cancellation policy he did not cancel with in twenty four hours, it was up too me to give him a re fund he didn't deserve a refund because of his disrespectful and dishonest behavior. This guest told my host, who happen to be my mother that she is too old to be a host. He started the booking process rong he book for two instead of three, on arrival he was ask to pay for his 14 year old daughter he got very up set. My pass guest on Flipkey and Airbnb had no problems with my location, property or me. They is no sheep next door to my property but in the neighborhood yes.some people welcome animals. I forgive him for his attempt to discredit my property and me and hope he learn something good from a bad situation and I thank him for his business.
Michelle0...
Wilmington, Delaware
“Peaceful”
Reviewed 21 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

Very clean and spacious second floor apartment with beautiful tile in bathroom and kitchen. Sit and watch the sunrise and enjoy the constant breeze on the deck overlooking the Ocean. There is one air conditioner in the front bedroom but was not needed because of the constant breeze that flows through the house. The use of a car is helpful if only to get supplies although there was a welcome kit provided (kitchen and bathroom needs) which came in handy. WiFi and cable was available to keep in touch but most of my time was spent out on the deck with a book and unbelievable view. The best part of this rental was meeting the owner's Mother, Ms. Gloria who was there to greet me and say good bye when I left. She called several times to check on me while I was there and could not do enough....what a lovely lady!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: The view from the deck
Liked least: going home
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
8 Jan 2016
This guest Michelle staid at Ocean View Paradise in 2015 and quickly become part of the family.Michelle was respectful, nice and clean. I would host Michelle any time THANKS
704heathe...
Worksop, United Kingdom
“Authentic Barbados away from the tourist trap”
Reviewed 16 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

We have just arrived home after a relaxing holiday at Ocean View,the owner went out of his way to make our visit enjoyable and quickly sorted out any little problems that arose. His mum lives on the Island and made sure we were comfortable both on arrival and during our stay. Hello Gloria,The villa is on the less populated eastern side of the island in a quiet local area, the sea view is lovely and the patio benefits from the wind which in the afternoon heat is most welcome. As the villa is away from most tourist areas and a little isolated, a vehicle is a must to get the most out of the Island, no where is more than an hour away even when you get lost now and again. If you want parties, loud nightlife and karaoke then go some where else, if you want peace and the chance to enjoy traditional Bajan life, then this is the place for you. Don't expect the luxury and surroundings of a 5*hotel, just a basic,clean, comfortable apartment which is a great base when exploring the Island, if we return to Barbados we will be more than happy to return to Ocean View, the neighbours are friendly, the area safe the owner helpful and the weather great, what more could you want.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: peace,view,owners concern,weather
Liked least: not many local places to eat,need a car
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing