“Best vacation in years!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Palm Loop Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Cottage -
3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, Sleeps 6
Woodlands, Montserrat

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 43 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Any
happygolu...
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Best vacation in years!”
Reviewed 15 October 2010 for a stay in May 2010

My Husband and I stayed at Bunkum Beach for 2 weeks this past spring and it was not nearly long enough! What a lovely guest house, clean and spacious with the most amazing ocean views, really special, ocean in front and mountains behind! Sun, the owner/host was just great, met us off the plane, organized a rental vehicle and driving license. She had shopped previously for us and gotten in some lovely local Roti so we didn't have to leave the guest house for two days! Just relaxed by the pool and in the garden with the tame iguanas and birds until the jet lag had worn off. And then we were off hiking and exploring this amazing little gem of an island.

Sun was great with helping us find the best hiking trails, beaches and the best times to view the volcano (from a safe distance!) And she was there for us a a moments notice if we needed anything. And although she was at our beck and call, she was very unobtrusive, we would often come home from a long hard day of laying on the beach to find our room had been cleaned top to bottom with fresh flowers, towels and often fruit left for us. We felt completely at home at this guest house, something which is not easily found at a lot of places.

It was lovely to have such a nice big kitchen to use when we didn't feel like going out and we used the BBQ out in the lovely courtyard a lot. Location was great and very quiet, slept better than at home! And wireless interent so I was able to keep tabs on work e-mail which was really convenient. We plan on going back next spring so maybe I should not make this review too good as we want to make sure Sun has room for us again!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
mamasamak...
Nottingham
“The best address in Montserrat!”
Reviewed 14 September 2010 for a stay in July 2010
people found this review helpful

Sum it up? Wow! Location is perfect whatever you're looking for from the island. House beautiful, grounds spacious and beautiful, view nothing short of stunning. Several species of mangos, coconut palms, tree frogs (night birds!) and quiet-yet-highly-entertaining neighbours when they're about. A pool deck that's not overlooked to sit out and watch the sun set over the ocean. And if that's not enough, and if you can tear yourself away from the view and the wildlife in the yard alone, not one but two beaches both under 5 minutes away, and you can check out in advance if Woodlands beach is just a bit too busy/too quiet for your taste from the pool deck, saving you 5 minutes unnecessary interruption to your liming.

I stayed 5 weeks in all and still I didn't want to leave, long story, the island kind of gets you like that. Stayed in just two of the three bedrooms (since my mum wouldn't part with the room on the pool deck!), both very comfortable and quiet, slept like a brick! The beds in both double rooms are big enough to warp time and space so if you don't get on with whoever you're sharing it with it's unlikely to be a problem since they'll actually be in a different time zone!

All the house and grounds are kept spic and span by Sun who is an absolute star, will help sort everything you need to settle in and have a very comfortable stay. She works far too hard in the heat frankly, I don't know where she gets the energy. I've stayed on the island twice before, each time re-learning how little I know about the place but Sun is the font of so much local knowledge which she's happy to share if you ask.

I could go on. Of course other accomodation is available on the island, but really, why would you want to if you had the chance to stay at Bunkum?

Travelling group: Other
mommaigua...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“I don't want to leave!”
Reviewed 26 August 2010 for a stay in June 2010
person found this review helpful

Never been to Monty before but I could have stayed all day in the house & gardens just liming!. The iggies fascinated me, the pool lovely first thing and late at night! Sun making sure everything OK and advising the best places to go. She really went "the extra mile". Rooms clean & comfy, never slept better for ages, or since. It's so well placed and within easy distance of wherever you want to go. I had the pool room, great for sneaking out for a dip late at night, in fact couldn't keep me out of the water.
I would love to go back again and I would not stay anywhere else but at Bunkum Beach Guesthouse. Thank you, Sun.

Travelling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
mnslbear
“Bunkum Beach House”
Reviewed 5 April 2009 for a stay in August 2008

My partner and I stayed a few days last August and can't believe I've waited so long to post. From our initial contact with Sun until we finally had to leave, she could not have been more engaging and delightful.
Sun met us at the airport in our rental car and stopped at the grocery store on the way to the house so we could stock up. She also showed us where the banks and teller machines were. Talking constantly, she was a wealth of information. I was full of questions and she had me falling in love with the island immediately.
The property is very simple but comfortable. It's 1960's decor took me back to my childhood, especially the ceramic fish on the wall in the bathroom. Everything was spotlessly clean. We took the room with the King bed, and since the other room was not in use, Sun stayed at the house as well. There was another guest staying in the pool room who we actually included in our snorkel trip as well as took her on one of our jaunts around the island. Most of the time we were actually at the house, we had it to ourselves. Sun insisted that if we had any laundry needing to be done, she'd take care of it. Although we'd been traveling light, we really appreciated clean clothes after having just come from five days in Anguilla.
Easy access to the well stocked kitchen, and our breakfasts on the patio were most appreciated. Sunset by the pool had us wishing we could just stay forever.
We visited in August, their warmest month. We had one night with a fierce storm and the volcano blew. The power went off and so did the ceiling fan. That was the only time I was uncomfortable, yet my partner said he didn't even notice.
We loved our stay. It may not be for everyone. Consider the reviews and look at the pics. For us, it was perfect.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Duckconsu...
Wadena, Saskatchewan
“Sun's Bunkum Beach is the best”
Reviewed 16 February 2009 for a stay in January 2009
people found this review helpful

We stayed at Bunkum Beach for a weekand the pool ,facilties,iguanas, sunsets are all fantastic. What sets this place above the rest is Sun's service she goes above and beyond to see that your stay is the best. She even washes your clothes! If I couldn't stay with Sun at Bunkum Beach i wouldn't go back to Montserrat.

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: the service
Liked least: nothing
Visit was for: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$150
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing